Well, we had read all the awful reviews but we got a great deal with our Travel Agency and to be honest we very curious to see how bad this hotel really was. Wow! What a nice surprise! The room was spacious with lots of cupboard space, lovely bathroom and very happy with our terrace overlooking the street below (not the party street). Breakfast was included and although not the most delicious breakfast buffet I've ever eaten, it was more than an adequate start to the day. You could go healthy with yoghurt, bread and cheese or try the greasy egg, chips and mushroom stew option. Most of the staff were friendly including the lovely night receptionist Vasilis. He treated the scratches I got from feeding an overly hungry and excited street cat. He also gave us great tips about getting away from the typically tourist areas so we could experience real Greek food and culture. There was one member of staff at the hotel who never smiled. The irony of the fact that he was in charge of Happy Hour at the bar in the evenings, made us smile a great deal. :-) The location of this hotel is perfect for the beach, restaurants, shopping and only a 15-20 minutes leisurely walk to the Old Town. The Old Town was wonderful. We also hired a car for the day and visited Butterfly Valley and Lindos, where we climbed up to the Acropolis - simply amazing. We were sad to leave after our short week and look forward to returning to Rhodes and the Hotel Manousos!! By the way, if you are approached by touts, in the old or new town
with scratch cards promising free gifts in return for a sales presentation regarding a holiday club (Timeshare), then walk away. Wish someone had warned us about this. :-( Anita and Michael, English couple living in Stavanger.
- Also Known As:
- Manousos Hotel Rhodes Town
- Manousos City Hotel Rhodes, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manousos Hotel is situated on the beautiful Greek Island of Rhodes, in the Dodecanese archipelago. Rhodes was once the home of the legendary Colossus, a very tall and imposing statue considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Today this amazing island in the Aegean Sea offers not only beautiful sandy beaches but also a wealth of ancient sites including the medieval town of Rhodes, which is itself a World Heritage Site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Manousos City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.