Well this was my first stay in a rated 5* and i can say from staying in average 2-3* hotels in the past on party holidays and then staying at this hotel i can agree with it being a 5*. You won't be disappointed.
I'm not going to lie, me and my partner were a bit worried at reading some of the reviews about the hotel, But i can tell you this now, the hotel is out of this world. We arrived during the middle of the night, and even the first look of it in darkness was beautiful. We had a grand maisonette and it was excellent. It was cleaned everyday by the maids, our private pool was very private and lovely. , Yes you had the problems with leaves in the pool, but what do you expect when there is bushes surrounding the pool! The room had air-con which was a great help as the heat was some times a bit too much.
The food! Well if you are fussy eater like myself, and also a vegetarian, then you have nothing to worry about, as you had a fantastic selection of different foods. I had a plate full every night!
We only visited the main pool area twice during our holiday, but again no fault as it had plenty sun loungers.
Locally you have a few pubs and restaurants just a 10 min walk away. I would recommend My place as it does some lovely cocktails and drinks that you may miss from home!
My only bad point about my stay within the Ixian would be that Men have to wear trouser during the evening meals. We did not know this and nothing is mentioned on the website, which meant we had to go out and buy some pants for him. (which he wore for the rest of the holiday as he loved them ha)
If you have meeting with a rep during your stay, they may try and get you to visit a few places. Lindos, a beautiful place so i would recommend that. However the trip to turkey, take at your own risk. We did and unfortunately we didn't enjoy it as it was more of a bus tour to silly little places like a carpet shop that actually seeing the island itself.
Overall we loved our stay with the Ixian Grand and will most certainly be staying again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das SENTIDO Ixian Grand ist ein erstklassiges Strandhotel an der Westküste der Insel Rhodos direkt am Strand von Ixia. Kürzlich renoviert verfügt das Fünf-Sterne Hotel über 211 luxuriöse Zimmer mit gemütlichen Ambiente. Nur wenige Minuten vom SENTIDO Ixian Grand entfernt befindet sich das UNESCO Weltkulturerbe „Rhodos Altstadt“ und auch Mount Filerimos, der Sie mit einem atemberaubenden Panaromablick verzaubern wird, ist in kürzester Zeit zu erreichen.Genießen Sie Sonnenuntergänge am Strand, die kühle Brise der Westküste und den Komfort dieses erstklassigen Hotels sowie der attraktiven Umgebung. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- SENTIDO Ixian Grand Rhodes, Greece