Arrived on the 22/6/13 for one week. We had booked a grand maisonette with balcony and private pool as there was 3 of us, and we wanted an apartment with two floors. On arrival the lobby and reception looked great, we were taken to a separate check in area and given sparkling wine. We were then shown to our suite which to say the least was a Huge dissappointment. It was tiny, with shabby furniture, a broken sink in the bathroom downstairs, no bathroom door upstairs no balcony and the pool was absolutely disgusting and unusable. It was green with algae, leaves and dirt in it. I made a swift return to reception and informed them under no terms was I staying in the suite. I must say they were very helpful and said we could move rooms but not until the following morning when a 'better one' became available.....begs the question what they were trying to palm us off with???.
We were only B&B but we ate in the restaurant on 2 occasions and both times it was good, well atlest edible. We got moved the following day to a lovely very large suite with a very clean pool and our own decking which had the sun all day. We did complain to reception that there wasn't enough sunbeds around the main pool, to which they told us they had the required amount by law for their guests....?? However they did then turn up with some more. We did ask for an extra one for our suite as there was 3 of us, to which they fobbed us off and ignored our request, so we just took one from the main pool area. The cushions for the sunbeds had seen better days, so had the wooden sunbeds, they had wheels missing etc..
The staff at the top bar were lovely and the private restaurant for suite guests is very nice, the grounds are well looked after, however like others there are parts of this hotel which are in desperate need of repair and TLC.
In general the hotel was acceptable, however not 5*, but if I got a good deal I would return, but only for 1 week, but I would still only go B&B
Yes there are cats and a dog in the grounds but they don't bother you, I am an animal lover so I didn't find them an issue, it's the same in turkey and Spain
The old town is beautiful and mama Sofia's restaurant ( just inside the castle walls) is fantastic
On a whole I think it's pot luck with your rooms, definitely go for a suite, and if its not right, if you complain strongly Enough the staff do listen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das SENTIDO Ixian Grand ist ein erstklassiges Strandhotel an der Westküste der Insel Rhodos direkt am Strand von Ixia. Kürzlich renoviert verfügt das Fünf-Sterne Hotel über 211 luxuriöse Zimmer mit gemütlichen Ambiente. Nur wenige Minuten vom SENTIDO Ixian Grand entfernt befindet sich das UNESCO Weltkulturerbe „Rhodos Altstadt“ und auch Mount Filerimos, der Sie mit einem atemberaubenden Panaromablick verzaubern wird, ist in kürzester Zeit zu erreichen.Genießen Sie Sonnenuntergänge am Strand, die kühle Brise der Westküste und den Komfort dieses erstklassigen Hotels sowie der attraktiven Umgebung. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- SENTIDO Ixian Grand Rhodes, Greece