“The best welcome to Rhodes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spot Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rhodes Town
Spot Hotel
You added Spot Hotel to your Saves list
Odos Perikleous 21, Rhodes Town 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #30 of 121 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Sydney, Australia
“The best welcome to Rhodes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Recommended by my uncle, who stayed years earlier,We arrived at the spot hotel, in sept 2013 greeted by Michael, son of the owner, Lee and was greeted warmly. Our room, on the second floor with a shared verandah was perfect for our needs. The hospitality shone from the smiles of this family run business, the breakfast, the best in our five week europe tour consisted cereals, greek pastries and even warmed eggs and fresh rolls, perfect.Lee, the owner was the perfect host and he even provided a musical talent which made the stay that extra special. Restaurant laganus recommended by Michael was a highlight so much so we visited twice for the superb home style greek taverna, all in all We would highly recommend staying at the spot and are returning in the near future.Gary and Kim

Room Tip: Upstairs roomperfect for couples
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in last week of Sep 2013. It is a very good looking small hotel in an old house. Looks exactly like the pictures. Try get room on first floor. The location is perfect for old town. But do not stay all your vacation here as there are not really beaches around and you can go to other parts of islands too but old town is a must so a short stay here is worth. But it is pricy for such a hotel. I would not pay more than 60 euros a night for this. One reason is because breakfast is totally not worth it. Try to book without breakfast if possible and have breakfast somewhere around as there are many nice cafes. They really should improve the breakfast quality. For 95 euros a night in Greece, at lease one expects a decent breakfast if not levish one but this one was quite bad. Otherwise it is great hotel and location for staying.

I will probably give 3.5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RhodesBasil, Owner at Spot Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello,I am Lee Mavros I own and run the Spot Hotel in Rhodes Greece.After clicking on to trip Adviser to see what is up, I ran into this review from a guest who was not pleased with our services,and the beaches on the island. We have a fantastic beach named the Elli beach,10 minute walk,Blue Flag beach. And 1 minute from the hotel there is another little beach which people have been enjoying for years. As far as the breakfast is concerned,I wish this guest would have told me that the breakfast was not up tho his or her standards and i most defiantly would have provided a appropriate solution.The breakfast at the Spot is a self service buffet,have all you want. We provide Coffee, different teas,hot cocoa,Juice, Greek yogurt, different cheeses,olives, eggs,walnuts,honey,jams, butter,margarine,corn flakes,muesli,bran flakes fruit and nut flakes,Greek cookies rice bread,fresh bread dark and wheat daily, pound cake, In season fruit &even had bananas from our banana tree.I No I wouldnt call this terrible as this guest stated.I call it Fantastic.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had the pleasure and good fortune to visit Rhodes in September, 2013. In turn, I had the good fortune to book into Spot Hotel. It was recommended by my brother who had visited Rhodes a few years ago. My experience at this quaint and attractive little hotel was very positive. The owner, Lee, his wife and son were fantastic. Great conversations with Lee and his wife! A very nice and helpful couple. The hotel is well situated in Old Town Rhodes, near the Gate of the Virgin and is surrounded by plenty of shops and restaurants. Quiet at night for bedtime. Very clean, neat and affordable. And, the breakfast and courtyard eating area were wonderful. I would most certainly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Room 6 was very quite and a balcony was just outside of the room, facing a courtyard; breakfast was a bit basic but sufficient; very clean place. Also, please note: two days were enough in Rhodes as it was very touristy, you shall travel and visit Symi.

Room Tip: Room 6 was very quite and a balcony was just outside of the room, facing a court yard; two days we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at the Spot hotel in August 2013. Location is great, just off one of the squares in the old town. It's full of history set in the Jewish section, and around the corner from the Jewish museum. The owner Lee and his son Michael were excellent hosts. My partner and I, thoroughly enjoyed our morning chats with Lee over breakfast in the courtyard. (She greatly appreciated the owners blend coffee) The breakfast consists of fresh yoghurt and fruit, nuts, assortments of pastries,olives,cheeses and boiled eggs. If you are after a hotel where you can experience the real Greece, then look no further. The view from the rooftop deck over the old town is spectacular, and we enjoyed a lovely evening with Lee and his beautiful wife Eva, sharing a bottle of wine, whilst he played his guitar. Great recommendations for places to eat and see, were offered by Lee and Michael. The Spot is within easy walking distance of the new town and it's beaches.
The rooms at the Spot are clean (well serviced), have airconditioning, free WIFI. We stayed in room 7 and had no problems with the room. Having read some of the negative reviews, I was very surprised by them, as this was at extreme odds to what we experienced. We enjoyed our stay there so much, that we contemplated staying longer and trying to rebook other places we were travelling too. We would highly recommend the Spot as a great place to stay, and certainly will be returning to Rhodes again and staying at the Spot.
Great place and great owners made this an excellent start to our trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We loved the Spot Hotel and would happily return. It has everything you might need: great location, tasteful furnishings, great breakfast, courtyard, roof deck, free WiFi, AC, hair dryer, quiet. The location is terrific--near one of the main squares in Old Town but up a little side street, so it is quiet at night and you aren't pulling your suitcase for a long distance over cobblestone streets. The rooms are decorated with tasteful Ottoman-style furnishings and the common rooms have decorative pieces that evoke the time of the Knights of St. John. Great breakfast--was our favorite breakfast in Greece--and they had everything you could want: Greek yogurt (of course) , fresh fruit, freshly baked cake, bread, toasted bread, an assortment of sesame-type cookies, hard-boiled eggs, assortment of jams, OJ, cereals, granola, etc. Our favorite part of breakfast was that you could get a cappuccino. The Spot has a lovely courtyard, where you can eat breakfast or just read and hang out. They also have an indoor breakfast room. We were there in July, and though there is a constant breeze in Rhodes at this time of the year, which helps make the weather so comfortable, we did use our AC a few nights, and it worked fine. The Spot has a roof deck with some chairs, and the view west, over the Old Town, is great. The bathroom was modern with nice tile work and a hair dryer. Our room had a window that overlooked the courtyard, and there was a nice breeze. There is no TV, but if you want that sort of amenity you might be happier at a high-rise hotel in the New Town. The owner, Lee, speaks perfect English and is not only very helpful but also interesting to chat with. We arrived in the evening, exhausted, cranky, and jetlagged, and I had some work I still needed to finish and email back to the US, but my laptop was suddenly developing problems. I was panicking, but Lee sent us to a computer-repair place in New Town, which was a great help. I spent my next day in the tranquil courtyard at the Spot, using their WiFi to finish and then send my job. What can I say? We arrived at the Spot in toxic work-mode and left in blissed-out Greek mode.

Room Tip: We had a double room that had a window and a little balcony that overlooked the courtyard. It was qu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a great place to stay in old town. Pretty central and near all of the old town sites and the marina. Keep in mind though that the beaches are in the new town so this hotel is a pretty good walk to the beach. Very nice staff, funky decor, good breakfast, basic room but all that you need. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Spot Hotel? Share your experiences!