I stayed at Eleni Pension (also called Eleni's rooms) for 5 nights in July 2013. I had just arrived in Rhodes by boat and had not booked anything, was originally looking for a hostel but could not find one and I was walking randomly in the old town when I saw the sign for Eleni pension.
The price was very reasonable (30 euros/night in high season... this is the rate she gave me for a solo traveler, no idea if she charges more for a couple or two people). It was a room with 2 single beds (but you can move them to do one big bed). The room as well as the bathroom are both very clean. There is always hot water running. There is wifi and it works in the room as well (fast wifi).
I slept very well, but the old town can be a bit noisy during High season (June/July/August) with a lot of restaurants/bars/etc. opened until late so I was hearing some club music in my room at night, but it was not TOO loud, nothing to keep me from sleeping and I think if you stay in the old town, no matter where you go you will hear is because there are bars and restaurants everywhere.
Eleni is very nice, her English is not perfect but she is very sweet and speaks enough English to book your room and help you with the basics in Rhodes. If you want to stay in the Old town, this is a good bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our little hotel or pension is in the medieval old town or Rhodes. Old city of Rhodes has a big history. No cars and traffic noise and Rhodes is considered one of the best preserved medieval towns in the world and the best example of military architecture as we unfold in front of you all the history of the island. A unique site to visit and most of all to live in. And in the medieval old town they are our rented rooms and there tranquil site without cars and traffic noise. I have 17 rooms single, double, three or four beds and each have their own private bathroom and private fridge. The cleanness is our basic concern. Two lovely patios with flower where you can sit and enjoy the sunshine. We do not serve breakfast but with the facilities provided in your room you can prepare your own breakfast or resort to the snack bars, in the square. And from the Old Town Medieval Town, you have access, within a few minutes to all the bus connections to visit the island, and within walking distance some beaches Elli and the Aquarius at the top of the island. And in the new city of Rhodes you will find interested shops, bars and restaurants and for 25 years I was known as an expert at making pitas with grilled giro but you must visit us to know what it tastes like. I shall offer you the Ouzo. Since I speak English, German and Italian we shall find a way to communicate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Eleni Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleni Rooms Hotel Rhodes Town
- Eleni Rooms Rhodes, Greece