We had an amazing experience staying at Zacosta Villa, with the only sad part of it being that we could only find a reservation for one night. An additional night at this delightful small (three room) villa in the old city of Rhodes would have been perfect.
Zacosta is located on a small side-alley (Xenofontos) that makes you feel like you are back in medieval Rhodes, cobblestone streets, archways, etc. - but it's only a minute or two to the squares and larger streets that comprise the (more touristy) parts of Rhodes.
The most outstanding feature of our stay was the hospitality offered by John, the owner and hotelier. Not only did he correspond with us to help facilitate our arrival, but (as we were arriving from Turkey by ferry) - he even picked us up from the terminal in his own car, lest we have problems finding a taxi. The hotel is located a bit of a walk inside the old town - but he helped take our bags from the car (or taxi, on your arrival at the entry-gate) - to the hotel doors. He loaned us a brochure on the history of Rhodes (fascinating to read, really made our appreciation of the buildings and massive defensive walls more meaningful) and was always available for questions and suggestions (for example, the restaurant he recommended for dinner, not far from the hotel, was one of the best we ate at during our stay in Greece - kaupia).
Zacosta is an old building that John rennovated from the ground up, creating an oasis of peace, with a wonderful courtyard (where one of the finest breakfasts is served each morning, at your leisure), and 3 rooms furnished simply but in modern fashion. The WiFi was a little spotty at first, but worked thereafter. We were very happy with the bathroom and the amenities (safe, toilettries, bathrobes). John even gave us Zacosta sun-hats as keep-sakes!
This is the kind of place that people return to year-after-year, and offers a refereshing counter-balance to the larger touristy establishments that Rhodes is better known for. If you are looking for personal service, quality and quiet, close to the heart of old Rhodes - look no farther.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Villa Hotel consisiting of one suite and two rooms with a graphic courtyard, set in a quiet neighbourhood of the Medieval City. A charming establishment where the traditional has been blended with the luxurious. This together with the unique atmosphere of the Medieval City will make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Zacosta Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zacosta Hotel Rhodes Town
- Zacosta Villa Hotel Rhodes, Greece