“worst meal and service in 11 days AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 208 restaurants in Rhodes Town
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Southampton, United Kingdom
“worst meal and service in 11 days AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The guy outside who advertises the place is very friendly, in fact we only really went in due to him. I ordered the spaghetti mariner and my wife had chicken schnitzel. I asked if the seafood is fresh beforehand - and I was assured by the waiter that it was. After spitting out the first mussel it was clear that fresh it was not! I also found bits of shell in the spaghetti. My wife's schnitzel was acceptable however the rest of the plate was not. To start off the chips were soggy and full of oil, the carrots were more like puree for OAP's - disgusting!! All else that was served was a portion of rice of a strange taste like something put on the plate by accident! I spoke personally with the manager, very politely - and explained that this meal was the worst we'd had in 11 days of being here, the bill was 27 euros, I offered 20 saying that but all he said was "I have to pay full price" he had no interest in making things right, there was no offer to replace the food, even when we asked the waiter for some veggies instead of the chips. When I spoke to the guy outside he just said "it's not my problem speak with the manager". In the end I paid only 20 euros, the waiter tried the guilt trip by saying the rest would come out of his pocket (which we found out later was untrue and NEVER happens on Rhodes from the owner of a very good restaurant up the street called IDEAL RESTAURANT). He also informed us that we should have gone to the tourist police and not paid anything - something which is never necessary in the UK... Avoid this place would be my advice. We are not fussy people and very rarely complain, but this was a case of sheer disrespectful service and terrible food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Milton Keynes
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We tried this restaurant, as it was one we missed last year. All in all the service was good, but the food was only average. Not one we would go back to.

Visited August 2012
“Terrible.. Don't go there!?!?!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

souvlaki is not really souvlaki! food quality is terrible.
waiters are old and not friendly - it sounds Jason, but it feels old and not fun.

thank god the coke was fine!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Rubbish.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Sadly on the ixia strip there is no good authentic Greek restaurants, Jason is no exception. My boyfriends food was awful, he ordered a mixed grill so as to not risk overlooked seafood like we experienced the night before. They literally served a piece of burger and sausage with oily chips. My salmon was OK, Overcooked but bearable. Basically every restaurant except the gullivers on the beach front and part of our hotel (miramare) and villa di mare is awful. And I'm not picky, I just like real food that's freshly cooked which almost no restaurants on the strip were.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Bit of a rip off...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Even with the discount provided to us from the tout out front it was not value. The taste and quality of the mains was good though but i think you have to have garlic on your garlic bread mate otherwise its called toast? Menus could do with wiping down too - fingerprints getting to an inch deep now - attention to detail much better than the jive talking from the man out front - who is a real charmer. Keep him away from the wives and daughters.

Visited August 2012