“Great Spirit!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Vienna, Austria
“Great Spirit!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I loved this place!! Makes you forget everything!! The staff is so kind and the atmosphiere is so relaxing!! Amazing staff!! I will go ahead and suggest this place to some friends!! Loved it !! keep going guys and keep it well!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
Drunen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Last April, my 16 year old daughter and I, stayed at the Spirit of the knights for 5 nights. It was our fourth stay at this beautiful and lovely boutique hotel. When we arrived Alex welcomed us by saying 'welcome home' and indeed it feels like home although, truth told, this hotel is much more beautifully decorated than our place! The beds are huge and immensely comfortable, the rooms are beautifully furnished and spacious. The bathrooms are luxurious and beautiful. We had an upgrade to the Pasha suite with the haman. Delightful! The rooms are spotlessy clean. Thank you Lena!

Breakfast is delicious, freshly made and a lot of choice. To have your brakfast outside in the garden is the best. The garden is beautiful with big sunbeds, and comfartable garden chairs. There are a lot of plants, trees and also a jacuzzi.
Great place to read a book and relax. Reading a book or playing a game is also a treat in the big library where there is an enormous collection of books.

I stayed in several hotels in Rhodes but this is definitely the best!! So if we go to Rhodes, and I have the pleasure to go two more times this year, we always stay at the Spirit of the Knights. The staff is so nice, welcoming and takes care of all your needs. Renting a car, horseriding, massage you name it and they arrange it for you.
Thanks again guys and see you in June!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Surfside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I couldn't say enough about this place. It was beautiful, comfortable, and very special. My husband, myself, and our granddaughter spent 2 nights here. Our granddaughter loved the balcony sleeping area which gave her a bit of privacy. The bathroom was big and modern. The beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, with more than enough choices and the surroundings were lovely as well as unique. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to enjoy the hot tub. The owner/manager was very nice and helpful. This 6 room hotel is itself worth the trip to Rhodes.

Room Tip: The taxi service from the airport to the hotel was well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed a week in this property at the end of August last year. The property is a charming old house inside the old wall city of Rhodes. It is a short walk along historic cobbled streets to restaurants and nightlife. It would be harder to imagine a more historic and beautiful property. The gardens are beautiful and there is nice outdoor seating. We booked a car and were able to go from the house to the nearby beaches every day. Alex is charming and extremely helpful. When I had trouble with my car booking, he helped me get it straight. If you do have a car, one negative is that there are no cars allowed inside the walled city so you have to park at the perimeter, a 10 minute walk or so. Overall, a superb property and very luxurious. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I arrived in a rain storm that left both myself and my luggage soaked through and through, but the warm and cosy room did wonders to my wet form and my sunken spirit in a matter of minutes. I just love the calm and relaxed beauty of the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was feeling very privileged to have the opportunity to stay in this beautiful hotel. Corfu old town itself in winter is magical! I love Rodos very much when it's so quiet.

Alex offered me an upgrade to a bigger room. The room was magnificent, the interiors, the ornaments, the candles lighting and the furniture are so classically beautiful. The bathroom amenities are first class. The breakfast that Alex and his team prepared was top-notch!

I would definitely stay at this hotel anytime if I come to visit Rodos again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I feel as though I can't really add much to the already long list of rave reviews about the Spirit of the Knights, but to not write would seem really remiss given the fabulous time that we had there. We stayed for 4 nights in the middle of winter so the old city was a ghost town, but the up-side was that we had the Spirit of the Knights all to ourselves! We stayed in the Ottoman suite which is beautifully decorated, spacious - we had just arrived from Copenhagen so it felt like a palace by comparison!!! - & romantic with its soft lighting & warm colours. There is a loft area with a day bed which was perfect for us because it meant my husband could watch TV til all hours without disturbing me - I preferred to have a soak in the huge bath, with the lovely bath products provided, & then snuggle into the fabulously comfy bed to read. Alex looked after us at breakfast every morning and, while I've never had a bad breakfast in Greece, the breakfasts at Spirit of the Knights are amazing!!! Croissants so big you imagine they must be dry on the outside & undercooked on the inside: nope! They are perfect! The yoghurt is so thick & creamy you almost need a knife to carve it. The honey is sublime, the omelettes enormous & sooooo tasty. The coffee was freshly ground & served in a French press - fabulous! Brekky was a highlight of every day! Alex was incredibly helpful - phoning to check if restaurants were open (it was winter!) - and a font of knowledge about Rhodes. He even brought his dog Pizza in for a visit when we mentioned how much we were missing our own dog back home! In short, even though the old city is in hibernation for the winter I'd go back to Rhodes just for the Spirit of the Knights. It was fabulous - if you stay anywhere else, you've missed out, big time!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Spirit of the Knights Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!