“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 73 Hotels in Faliraki
Bernkastel-Kues, Germany
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Definitely not a luxury hotel. But the rooms are sympathitika compared to other hotels in the same class is pretty good. The rooms are cleaned every day except Sunday. One day they forgot to put towels but we asked the resipsion and gave us. Also, some days there was no hot water at night, but was always in the afternoon. This is something I expected from a two star hotel. The hotel is cheap and the benefits are similar! The bus stop is few meters away. In the evening there are two menus and choose the soup is also a buffet with salads and dessert. This is not something special but not bad. Generally I am satisfied and why I do not expect too much. I advice you if you ask very much don' t choose the faliraki bay hotel and anyelse hotel with two star, pay more to have more!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Brno, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed here for 11 days with my wife and 3 year old son. It's not a luxurious place by any stretch of the imagination but is reasonably clean and services are decent. We were disappointed with the location of our first room and they gladly relocated us to a room that we felt more comfortable in. The pool and surrounding area is ok, another reviewer had said the sun beds were uninviting but they seemed to relatively new to me and certainly weren't dirty. I appreciated immensely the free wifi that allowed me to keep an eye on work and even stream a couple of baseball games. This was my first time doing a half-board type of arrangement. The food got old real quick, most of it was uneatable for me but everyone else (Germans, Italians, Czechs, Poles) seemed to attack it with gusto. I didn't expect very much considering the low price we paid for 11 nights including airfare from Brno, CZ. That said, you could do a lot worse than to stay here. If the price were right, I would stay here again but would spend most of my time (as we did) in Lindos and Afandou. Chances are if you are considering staying here, you are either looking for a bargain or can't afford to stay at one of the more upscale places. Again, I came here expecting the worse but left satisfied, especially when I consider, as one review I read that was translated from German, the "price performance ratio".

Good:
Free wifi
Location - close to beach and services/supermarkets
Affordable
Lots of cute 20 something German girls as guests
Staff - they seemed easy-going and helpful

Bad:
Beds - worst beds I have ever slept on, felt destroyed every morning when I woke up, had to stretch and swim light laps in the ocean before my back and neck felt better again each day
Food - ingredients were reasonably fresh but was prepared with zero love/care
Air-conditioning - only available (in most rooms) from approximately midnight to 6:00 am
Refrigerator costs EUR 17/week (I realize this and the A/C are energy saving measures but come on, build that into your costs)
Mosquitoes (no fault of hotel) - bring repellent and those tabs that plug into the electrical outlets as well as hunt down all the mosquitoes each night before you go to sleep. After the first couple days, we had no problems.
Beach - Faliraki bay itself (not the hotel) is not the nicest stretch of beach on the island, stay here but beach elsewhere

I would not like for my review to appear negative, again, I was generally satisfied. And as I have said, when you take into consideration the price, it's not a bad place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Faliraki Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!