“amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Food was amazing...especially greek night!!!

Beautiful hotel, very relaxed atmosphere...clean and tidy, maintenance was amazing.

Great service, very accomodating, reasonably priced...all in all, a lovely experience.

Defintely would come back..!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
loch lomond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hi stayed in Sun Palace 13th-27th July,When we arrived we had a fast check in with friendly reception staff,room was spotless cleaned every day with clean towels etc.Food was good with plenty of choice themed nights made it different each night but repeated second week which you always get on a1. All staff were really friendly in dining room outside and bar staff although hotel was full never had long to wait for drink.Liked the 24 hour coffee and tea in reception handy if you got up early.What can I say about animation team absolutely amazing they made time for everyone regardless of age.Well done to everybody in Sun Palace,Will come back but not July as it was bit too hot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
mufcdude
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Myself and 16 others visited Sun Palace hotel in July/August 2011 for 2 weeks and all 17 of us had a great time. My room was not in the main hotel building but that didn't make a difference, the room was clean, well funished, and everything worked, the only concern was the beds, they were lumpy and uncomfy.

The hotel itself was clean and the facilites such as tennis courts, ping pong tables, 2 childrens pools and the main pool whcih had vollyball and water polo nets were all easily accsessible

Breakfast was average with the bacon and sausage tasting horrible but there was still a good selection. Lunch and dinner were very good with a great selections of salads, main courses and sweets. A snack bar was open when the reasturant was closed so food and also ice cream was always avalible. The pool bar served both alcholic and non-alcholic drinks was open from 10am till late and the indoor bar which served the same was open in the evening aswell

All the staff are very friendly, from maids to maintenance workers to bar staff, they would always have a smile and be very polite and friendly to guests.

Finallly, the animators were all great entertsiners and down to earth people. They provide a range of entertainment for kids and adults such as Table Tennis, Water Polo, Darts, Water Vollyball, Football Tennis, quizzes, comedy and more.

Overall a great Holiday!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
orpington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Where to start........having read all the really good reviews, was a little worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype.
The Sun Palace Hotel was exactly as we were hoping ... if not more.

Check-in smooth and efficient. Coffee machine in the reception area, was a godsend having been awake 23 hours by the time we arrived.
40 euros for a safe was a little steep, usually around 30 euros for 2 weeks, but never mind.

Me, my wife, 2 kids aged 15 and 12 plus my friend, his wife and child aged 7. We all loved it.
Hotel room - we were given room 417 originally, there wasn't anything actually wrong with it we just wanted to be nearer our friends as we'd requested when booking. The receptionist said she would see what she could do and within an hour had asked us to look at another room 116 to see if it suited us better, which it did. Excellent room, very clean and comfortable, open the front door and walk straight out towards the pool.

Problems - When we needed anything like extra pillows, light needed fixing, sink plug needed sorting we reported it to reception on the way to breakfast.... by the time we had finished breakfast and returned to our room tasks had been dealt with, very swift and efficient. A++++++++

Food - plenty for all. Even my fussy son managed to find something without resorting to chips every time. The different theme nights, mexican, greek, italian, bbq, chinese etc were all part of the variety on different nights. Mexican was probably the best though followed by the chinese. A++++++++++++++
Compliments also to all the people involved. The chef, his staff, the restaurant manager and all the serving staff. They were all very friendly and helpful and always smiling.

Bar staff and Bar - Beer was more than drinkable, all sorts of cocktails and other drinks available also. The best 2 barmen though Christos during the day and Andreas in the evening. Always smiling and happy to serve. Thanks gents.

Pool Area - The pool was kept clean and tidy, we never did catch the mans name who kept it this way but he was always busy and done an amazing job. Only downside was having to stick towels on beds before going to bed as i refuse to set an alarm for earlier than 6am and yet the 1 day i woke up at that time, most of the decent beds were gone already. There's only so many days you can handle having the sunbeds next to the toilet....yuk!

Entertainment Team - Alex and Sean or Sean and Alex hard to decide who was our favourite were our main source of enjoyment but the whole team are amazing!!!!
Aurel the main man in charge is very talented, speaking a number of different languages, and very funny. Nikki and Hayley looking after the kids we didn't really see during the day too much but in the evening they entertained us almost as much as Sean and Alex. Alex and Sean's human bingo numbers was hilarious to watch and never got boring. But during the day they kept us busy with Stretching, French Boules, Waterpolo, Aqua-gym, Water volleyball, football tennis and the various cocktail games (beer-drinking competition, killer pool etc) they worked their socks off and i can honestly say the holiday would not have been the same without the 2 of them.

I really can't complain about anything, .... for us The Sun Palace Hotel made for an Amazing holiday and is definately somewhere we would like to return to next year if possible. 10 out of 10
Thanks to Everybody concerned for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at the Sun Palace for 10 nights at the end of July through to the 7th August, our party ranged from 4 years to 50 and we had a brilliant time. Our rooms were in annex block A at the front of the hote facing the mountainsl and were great, very quiet and a good size, the maids were very prompt every morning and changed towels every day. The pool area is large with plenty of sun beds, but being peak season, the usual problem with towels on sunbeds before dawn. The food and drink were good and plentiful and children loved being able to get things for themselves, ice creams were available between meals, with a variety of flavours. The animation team work very hard and always have a smile on their faces, we particularly enjoyed the Lazy Quiz in the afternoon with Aurel, good fun. An evening at the fun fair was enjoyed by all, and the Hypnotist show at Arthurs 5 mins up the road is worth a visit for a night of entertainment.

We went to the Water park on a sunday and had a brilliant day, as flight change overs are mostly on Wednesdays and sundays this is a good day to go if you can, as we didn't have to queue on any ride, beware the ground is very hot and you should take appropriate foot wear to walk around the park, some wore socks. We went into Rhodes Town by bus in the early evening, the experience was dissapointing and we didn't stay very long, I would definately hire a car next time. When none of you want to return home you know you have had great time and we are already looking to rebook for next year. We booked independantly and had none of the problems encountered by several other guests booked through travel companies as a package holiday and saved some money.

On one last note, be prepared with plenty of sunblock as the weather is much hotter than we expected and had to buy higher factors whichare expensive in resort, so take plenty of factors 30 and 50.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chimay, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I advise this hotel to everybody don't hesitate to go there
The food is excellent and fresh. this Hotel is a 4 stars but the kitchen received 5 stars last year. The breafast and the lunch is often the same but you can find everything you like. the dinner is changing everyday.
The animation team help you to spend good time
the staff of the hotel is friendly and available for you
You can easily reach the beach and the centre from the hôtel
it's always sunny there
In front of the hotel you'll find local bus to go everywhere on the island for cheap price and also a nice travel office to plan some visit

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Co.Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just returned from the Sun Pakace this weekend and already wish we were back...
In all honestly I was a little dissapointed when we first arrived, I had booked this hotel 12months previously and up until very recently every review had been superb, a few bad reviews had started to creep in so my expectations werent as high as they had been originally, I am a very fussy person when it comes to sleeping in hotels etc and when we arrived after travelling all night, we were tired to say the least so I put my initial reaction down to that, pleased to say my opinion only got higher as the fornight went on.
Starting from the beginning the Reception area when we got there looked lovely but looking closer is was filthy but we had obviously arrived before the cleaners had managed to clean up from the night before, man on reception was nice enough had no problems there, our room was not quite in the main building but in a little apartment towards the bottom of the complex directly looking onto the small pool, which was ideal for us with our 2 kids. I thought the room was small, it was one room, plus a bathroom, the room had a double bed plus a double sofa bed so it was a little cramped but didnt bother us too much, didnt plan on spending much time in there, it was bright and clean enough and the bathroom was very nice.
Due to the location of our room etc we stayed around the smaller pool each day, which had a water feature and two small slides for the kids, we did have to get up fairly early but didnt really bother me, thats just life these days and something you need to do! It was lovely sitting there and there was many a time that pool was empty for long periods so although you could see and here the fun and games in the bigger pool all day it was quite peaceful.
It was dubbed 'Lazy Corner' by the entertainment team for that exact reason...
The weather was fantastic the full holiday not a cloud in the sky and 35degree's or more every single day, but was accomnied by a wind which made it bareable, wind was actually too stong on a few of the days, enough for the inflatables and even sunbeds on some occations flying around the place so be careful!
Food was fine, I am not going to say great because I think unless your staying in an outstanding hotel, all inclusive food is always going to be the same kinda thing, there was always plenty of it, plenty of choice most days, and there were plenty of occasions when I'd finished a meal and had really enjoyed it so no complaints really, the salad bar etc is delicious. The hotel has a theme every night which is good, you sometimes cant tell the difference but some of the little extra's are nice..The snack bar is poor I will agree on the other reviews that mention this, but on saying that, didnt bother me, I cant say I was seeking food all day so wouldnt have bothered me if it was even there in the first place, think we had the odd portion of chips late at night after a few drinks, and you cant go wrong with chips and a pint!
I completely disagree with the comment on here regarding having to wait to relacement food? I dont get this at all, of course something is going to run out and the need to go to the kitchen and replace it but I think the longest i waited for anythng was 2minutes max and that was only once, no plates and cuttlerly? Again disagree, never once did I have to wait for a plate and the cuttlery is set out on the table?
One complaint on restaurant is the kids helping themselves, some kids are quite capable of doing this, old enough, brought up with manners etc, but some just clearly arent and its an accident waiting to happen sometimes not to mention un-hygenic, some kids just dont get some of the do's and dont's and if the parents clearly arent supervising maybe the staff should intervene sometimes, but on saying that, that isnt just this hotel, again its all inc all over the place..
Didnt have any issues with the drinks, the lager was local, but perfectly acceptable, all spirits and cocktails are very strong so watch out! Never had to wait much in a queue as I have read in previous reviews..
Plently of seating in the outdoor area where the entertainment took place, nice area.
As a family we all took part in various activities during the day, not all and not every day but we joined in the fun occasionally and it was just that, fun, entertainment team, Aurel, Sean, Alex, Hayley and Nikki didnt push and were good fun, I have to comment on the previous review again that mentions teenagers not being catered for, I am not sure what a hotel is supposed to do to be fair, Sean and Alex were predominatly adult entertainers so yes they concentrated on the adults more as thats their role but my kids still loved them, Hayley was the 'Junior' entertainer and Nikki the 'kids' they each had their roles and stuck to them, whilst we were the there the teenagers did take part in all the adult activities, waterpolo, darts, football etc - only ones they werent aloud in were the ones that involved drinking etc which is self explanitory?
The evening entertainment varied between the animation team or 'professional' shows but to be fair the animation nights although a little typical and cheesy were by far the most entertaining and we had a great laugh..
I have no complaints about this hotel or holiday, had a fab time.

One tip regarding the horrendous reviews about rats etc, I didnt see any first of all, but I did panic when I read them before I went and I contacted those people and found that they had been put in a hotel which was accross the main road, I am told this is the staff's living quarters aswell as where the do put some guests, apparently those booked indepentantly and not through a major travel agent etc, from looking from the outside it didnt look like a hell hole but if you are at all worried, try finding out or making sure you are in the 'main' building or the smaller apartments still within the complex ..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sun Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!