“Piece of heaven in Rhodes” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Faliraki 85105, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Faliraki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Piece of heaven in Rhodes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have to say, I am completely shocked at the bad reviews for this hotel, to me, they are completely unreliable and completely inaccurate. First of all, I have travelled in many countries, stayed in resorts all over the world and this is the most comfortable and relaxed I have ever felt while on holiday. The hotel itself is spotless, extremely clean, bins emptied daily sheets changed 3 times a week (for a 3 star, this is amazing!!!) Rooms are very spacious and every room is the same size and have private balconies. Hotel surroundings are beautiful, loads of greenery, trees and again, very clean! The pool; always in the sun, which is awesome, comfortable pool side loungers with umbrellas that give you great shade on a very hot day. The bar/rest again, and I cannot stress this enough, extremely clean, bar prices are more than reasonable, I pay more for drinks in Glasgow, and the food is always fresh and beautiful. Now, one thing that makes this hotel my personal favourite is the atmosphere and the warm welcome given to us by ALL STAFF MEMBERS, being a family business there is a real intimacy here, and this has also rubbed off onto non family staff members, a genuine atmosphere that could never be faked. Every member of staff at Zoe's is dedicated to help you enjoy your stay there, that can never be doubted or be debated. About 25 minute walking distance from Faliraki 'bar street' and about 10 minute walk from 2 of the most beautiful bays I have ever seen in my life (Anthony Quinn and Ladiko). I will be returning that is not a maybe IT IS A GUARANTEE. This is a gem of a hotel and to be put off by the bad reviews is such a shame, because, by listening to them, you may be missing out on one of the best holidays you'll ever have.

Room Tip: All rooms face the same way (towards the pool) over looking mountains and in the right hand side of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days in September. The room was basic but had a very good size and was clean. We had a fridge, a good, clean bathroom and a balcony. The pool area is nice and clean and there are nice green spaces. Safe and airconditioning cost extra. We paid 22 Euros per night (excl. aircon and safe). Ladiko and Anthony Quinn Bay are close-by and they are probably the most beautiful bays in the whole of Rhodes. Great for snorkelling with warm and crystal-clear water! There is also a great Greek restaurant across the main road, the taverna "LELIS" You can find it on the main road from Faliraki towards Lindos. The taverna is on the right hand side, just opposite the turn-off to Ladiko and Anthony Quinn Bay which is on the left hand side. There is a sign by the road (ΛΕΛΗΣ). The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. If you want to eat authentic Greek food, go there. We only found it because a Greek lady took us there!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor which made it a bit cooler
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Borisov
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

.We want to express gratitude for warm welcome and good service.Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you.Your staff were so kind to me, I do not know how to thank you. My family really enjoyed your hotel. I will recommend your hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This hotel is not in Faliraki as they say! It is a nice place, average clean, sometimes you will still see dirt and dust in the room when you come back. The pool was dirty one day but in general it was just fine. Now the staff they have a bit of a problem, they are maybe a bit rude because I think they dont have proper training. When I talked to one waiter there he told me his salary is too low for him and wants to leave, obviously this is bad for the hotel! Good thing is its price.. The area is nice but not close to where I thought it would be. Average hotel and average stay for me, compared to other places I have been this is for sure. I wouldnt suggest this hotel...

• Stayed June 2010
Gilleleje, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Good things about the hotel:
The rooms: It was big and bright and okay cleaned. We could have used more than one closet, but it was okay. We enjoied having our own balcony.
The pool: A nice, big and clean pool. Shortage of chairs and umbrellas was never a problem.
The price: We only paid 900 DKK each for a week..

Bad things about the hotel:
THE STAFF! They (especially one of the women) were incredibly rude and lazy. They seemed like they didn't want us to be there.
The food: We only had the breakfast buffet and one or two meals from the restaurant.. Not good!

But, in spite of a few bad experiences, we really enjoied our stay and I would consider staying there if I ever went to Faliraki again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Quite simply, the worst holiday we've ever had.The entire place was a rip-off. The staff were rude unfriendly and didn't want to help what so ever. The place is not child friendly in anyway one day while we were " trying" to relax ahd have some family time at the pool my son 7 asked for a football only to be given the reply and i quote " does this look like a sport shop" i was appalled by this and when i questioned the owner i was told that he didn't have time to talk to me as he was removing dog mess from the pool. i would of the thought the customer always come first? there was many other failuras in the hotel which i feel i have to bring up to guste thinking of visting.
1. Bad Location
2.Very expense
3.Food not great and menu is limted
4.No mini market/shuttel bus
5.Dirty surrondings
6.no shower curtians in shower

Overall. Worst hotel i've stayed at in more ways than one and by the looks of things i'm not the only one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Was there in July with my mates for a relaxing stay and was very disappointed with my stay. With a family run business, u would expect them to add that extra personal touch to your stay and for them to treat all paying guests with the same amount of respect. Unfortunately my friends and I never felt like we were treated fairly. On several occassions when we asked for help, the staff were down right rude and unpleasant.. Think they need a lesson in customer care! Although the hotel was quiet, which we were looking for, the location was a nightmare in terms of getting to and from town. The prices they charged for food and drink at the bar were absolutely ridiculous!! Could understand if you could actually taste the alcohol in the drink, they were so watered down!!! I know its the credit crunch, but think if they are gonna charge prices like that, they should definitely give their guests their money's worth.
Would advise anyone looking to poss book this place to avoid it like the plague!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Zoes Hotel? Share your experiences!