“WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cyprotel Faliraki
Faliraki 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Faliraki
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have just returned from a 2 week holiday staying at this hotel 22nd may to 5th june 2013 with my husband and 2 lads aged 12 and 15 years. We had a porter take our cases to our room on arrival which was a nice touch as we were shattered from travelling!! We had a ground floor family room over looking the pool! Both our bedroom and the lads room were very spacious compared to other hotels we have been to in the past! In the room was a TV, safe and a fridge with a few bottles of water in on arrival!!!
The food served throughout the day was fantastic something for everyone and something different for lunch and evening meal everyday! There was a good variety of meat dishes which were tasty and succulent. in-between meal times you could help yourself to pizza, sandwiches, pastries, cakes and ice-cream!! my lads never went hungry!!!
The entertainment manager -Fatty was brilliant throughout the day getting everyone to join in with water polo, darts water aerobics etc and if you just wanted to relax around the pool you was not pressured to join in!! There was something for everyone in the evening entertainment such as greek dancers, bingo, mini-disco!! If you didn't fancy that then was a a lovely relaxing bar above the restaurant with an outside balcony over looking the sea! Also upstairs was a shop, games room and pool table.
All the staff are very hard working pleasant, polite and nothing is too much trouble! The bar staff especially Sofia and Ilias are hard working and really welcoming & friendly!! The manager helps out in every department of the hotel from reception, the restaurant and the bar always making sure that everybody was happy!!!
There are 2 swimming pools - both with well kept lovely gardens - the quiet pool to just relax by and the main pool with entertainment! both pools were lovely but we choose to sit around the main pool as very safe for children with entertainment going on throughout the day and was close to the bar!!
There is a water park on site as well which my lads loved! The slides are really good fun and there is a small children' s pool with mini slides! I felt when the lads went by themselves they were very safe as there were 2 lifeguards on duty all day and a no alcohol policy.
If you fancied having a wonder off site you can catch a mini train from the hotel to Kalathia springs for 3 euro's each - well worth a visit so pretty! the beach was a 10 minute walk away or you could catch a bus into old Rhodes town 2.20 euro's each or taxi 17 euro's!!
Overall we had a Brilliant 2 weeks holiday with solid hot sunshine couldn't of asked for anything better!! would definitely return again!! As a family we were sad to leave but we will look at booking again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing us as your Holiday Destination. We are committed to customer satisfaction and we are glad that your experiences with us are positive and memorable. We hope to see you again soon and in the meantime you can be updated about our news through our social channels.

Thank you for your kind words, and remember that we have hotels in both Cyprus & Greece across multiple cities and islands so we would love to welcome you soon!

Please feel free to contact us directly on our website form if you feel there is more we can do in regards to your review.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

PLEASE BE ASSSURED THAT MY REVIEWS ARE TRUTHFUL AND THAT I HAVE NO AFFILIATION TO ANY TRAVEL COMPANY OR HOTEL BEING REVIEWED. ALSO I DISAGREE WITH STAR HOTEL RATINGS AS THEY DO NOT ACCURATELY REFLECT RATINGS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, THERFORE I PREFER TO RATE HOTEL FACILITIES OUT OF TEN.

OVERALL HOTEL SCORE: 8/10
RESORT LOCATION: 9/10

Having spent the previous four years at Turkish all inclusive holiday complexes, it was time to return to the Greek Islands to see how they fared. The Cyprotel Hotel, Falaraki, Rhodes is a medium sized all-inclusive complex set in its own grounds about a 1 mile stroll from the sea front on the outskirts of Falaraki. Formerly known as Columbus Hotel and also Luca Cypria, this hotel has been recently acquired by new owners who appear to have added a waterpark. Easy walk to the beaches and far enough out of town to be away from noisy clubs and bars although central Falaraki (Bar Street and Club Street) didn’t appear as lively as I recall seeing on the TV documentaries a few years ago. Just a 20 minute coach transfer from the airport. Bus stop a 10 min walk which could take you to Rhodes Town or towards the beautiful resort of Lindos. A short walk to a very pleasant harbour where several boat trips offered to different parts of the island, including the island of Symi. A taxi rank on the beach front of Falaraki offers fixed prices to the main resorts. Rhodes Town was 17 Euros each way.

ROOMS: Choice of hotel rooms arranged in blocks of two and three storeys, numbered in thousands and are set throughout the grounds. Blocks 1000, 2000 and 3000 appear to be older blocks nearer to the main hotel building. Block 4000 very well placed between the waterpark pool and the main lagoon pool. Block 5000, 6000 and 7000 up a slight incline sit above the rest of the complex and overlook the lagoon pool. All rooms appear to have been refurbished recently and the family rooms have a large king size bed area separated from a second sleeping area of two PROPER single beds sectioned off by a sliding oak and frosted glass door, before reaching the patio doors of the balcony. The ground floor rooms appear to be slightly larger in size as the balconies project further.

Bed Comfort: 8/10
Bathroom: 8/10 (great shower)
Décor: 8/10
Practicalness: 9/10 (two bedrooms)
Security: 9/10 (wall safe provided but extra cost of 15 Euros)

RESTAURANTS:
Food quality: 9/10
Variety: 9/10
Hygiene: 9/10

FOOD: Buffet breakfast and evening dinner taken in the main hotel restaurant, whilst lunch taken in the outdoor snack area by the lagoon pool. Despite some poor reviews, I found the food excellent in quality and also variation. The catering manager is always on hand walking around to ensure guests are happy. Staff appeared very content. Beer and wine is all self-serve from pumps. You will not go hungry as there is plenty of salad, meat, fish and pastries/puddings to delight you. Pool bar next to lagoon pool serves drinks all day until midnight. A second bar in the main hotel building is also available during evening until midnight.

POOLS: Large lagoon pool with shallow beach entry for kids. Deepest area being 1.4 m but NO LIFEGUARD on duty at this pool. One water park pool with six different waterslides, none too scary so great to keep the family entertained. Lifeguard on hand at this pool which is open 10-6pm. One quiet pool set by the snack area which has NO LIFEGUARD and a depth of 1.4m. No pool towels are issued so you have to take your own which was a little disappointing (management take note).

KIDS CLUB: Hotel run kids club with two young ladies.

ENTERTAINMENT: Held in the amphitheatre and the shows were fairly poor unfortunately. Karaoke one night, Bingo and contests another and a flag quiz. Just one man to organise the shows and daytime activities, assisted by the two kids club ladies in the evening shows.

OTHER FACILITIES: Free Wi-Fi in the reception area but with more and more guests using wi-fi gadgets, sometimes a bit of a wait to get connected. Management – I suggest you extend the wi-fi to give more access. Photographer on-site to take your family poses.

WEATHER: Warm – very warm in May/June. No air con until mid June – August although with patio door and front door to rooms open, a nice through draft could be felt. Fan’s in both bedroom areas give relief to the evening heat.

GUESTS: I estimate proportions of 70% Brits, 10% Germans, 10% Eastern Europeans and 10% others. No real pushiness experienced and no real busy food queues.

TRIPS and TOURS: I recommend a boat trip from the harbour to the resort of Lindos to see the ancient site of the Acropolis is a must with a boat called Dousouka (22 Euro’s per adult, children half price). Great day out, lovely cove at Lindos which is safe for swimming and beautiful shore line restaurants. Boat also visits beautiful coves on return journey including a swim stop.
Also a trip to Rhodes Town to see the Old Town within castle walls containing tourist shops and lovely restaurants. You do get hastled by the restauranteurs but great to get the best price.
Don't forget to take the mini train from the hotel to Kalithea Springs towards the Rhodes Town end of Falaraki. 8 Euros per adult and 3 Euros for kids (plus 2 Euro entrance) but a lovely beach cove and Rotunda building overlooking the sea. A wedding was taking part when we attended. A beautiful setting.

Overall: Great value for money, great food, great surrounding and decent beds. Thoroughly enjoyed. Our holiday was booked through www.loveholiday.com who offered a Thomas Cook holiday but £400 cheaper than the identical one on the Thomas Cook website. We paid £1640 for 11 nights all inclusive for 2 adults, one teenager (adult price) and one child in May/June half-term.

Tip: If you do book with Thomas Cook, please don’t add the airport transfer at £30 each. It would have cost us a family of four £120 whereas www.A2Btravel.com only charged us £47 for the family and you travel on the same coach as the Thomas Cook customers. Shame on you Thomas Cook for overcharging on the holiday price and the rip off transfer prices.

I hope you have enjoyed my review ....... Colin.

Room Tip: Block 4000 is best in my opinion, sandwiched between the lagoon pool but with a balcony overlooking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
It is a privilege when our customers dedicate some of their time to inform us about various incidents regarding positive or negative experiences during their accommodation with Cyprotels Hotels & Resorts.

We would like to thank you for your kind words, and remember that we have hotels in both Cyprus & Greece across multiple cities and islands so we would love to welcome you soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We've just returned from a 7 night stay at the hotel. First impressions were very good. We arrived quite late and our room was exactly what we asked for - mid tier with pool view (aqua park).

There was bottles of refridgerated water there ready for us 1 per person and we were supplied with sandwiches upon arrival. I did call the reception for extra pillows and to find out about the air conditioning. The air con I was told would be activated on 15th June and we would receive the extra pillows the next day. The fan worked perfectly well to keep us cool in the nights so missing out on air con didn't really take anything away from the holiday.

The cleanliness wasn't an issue at all. My wife is very particular and even she thought it was clean. The rooms were serviced every day except for Sunday which is understandable.

The food was of a good standard for the whole time we were there. Everything was hot and fresh and there was something for everyone. Muscles, roast pork, fish dishes, chicken, pasta and for your average brit abroad chips too :)

The locals were really nice too. I honestly think that you get out what you put in with the staff. We were polite and courteous and they reciprocated that so no issues with the staff either as a few have stated. The only issue I had was with the photographer who seemed a bit pushy. I work in sales myself so I understand what she was doing-I couldn't be nasty to her because everyone else was so nice.

There were quizes, karaoke, mini discos and even a fire eater put on in the nights as well as a greek theme.

We walked into Faliraki's main strip which took about 20 mins. now this is the only thing that let the hotel down for me and it's not at all the hotels fault may I add-the surrounding area has been hit hard by the economic downturn. There are a lot of half finished buildings, the pavements and roads aren't great either. I'm not for one second saying this is the hotels fault and this is not a reflection on the hotel. I'm just writing generally about the experience as a whole.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to friends and family alike. My children, my wife and I thought the pools were fantastic, the entertainers took the time to learn our names and remembered them which is quite a big deal to the kids. One very happy family-Thank you Cyprotel Faliraki :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, June 11, 2013

Bradford, West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I returned from a two week holiday on Wednesday. Where to start, we arrived late afternoon after a long transfer from the airport and first impressions were pleasing. The receptionist was helpful although we were disappointed to note that as booking as a party of 13 our rooms were in different blocks across the complex which couldn't be changed even though the hotel was less than half full.

The room myself, my husband & 3year old were put in was 3001 and was quite shabby. The bathroom was very much in need of a refurbishment, the paint in the bath bottom was pitted and flaking off which isn't what you expect of a 4* hotel.

The food was okay again not 4*. There wasn't enough variety and what wasn't eaten seemed to be made into something else for the following days lunch. The first week we were there the children's menu wasn't available. The evening waiter and waitress were miserable and rude, the lunch time girls were very friendly. The snacks were pizza, sandwiches or pie. The pizza was nice, when fresh. Best was the unlimited ice cream, especially for the kiddies and men!!!!

The entertainment staff round the pool made the hotel a holiday for us. Fatty, simba and the others were excellent at getting you all to join in especially the older children in our group. Becky and Evie were fab for the young ones but without simba there was nothing for the older ones. It was unfortunate that the management decided to sack him which was very unsettling for us as holidaymakers during our stay. They actually sacked two members of the entertainment staff whilst we were there and in our opinion was a great loss to the hotel. The entire holidaymakers of the hotel signed a petition to try saving him but to no avail.

The pool was great for young children and I praise the hotel for that

One warning if you have young ones take a mosquito net as they were terrible.

Also be careful as there was sickness and upset tummy going round which myself and my daughter caught and chicken pox which my nephew caught which the pharmacist said was mosquito bites but having visited the doctors upon our return home is chicken pox.

Reading this review please take your own view if you are going there. The hotel could have been a lot worse but also a lot better. Ive been to Rhodes three times now staying at doreta beach in tholos and atlantica princess in ixia and I can honestly say there were alot better hotels. Sorry cyprotel you're not 4*.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

We will make sure that your comments will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

stayed here for a week 11-17th may 2013 with our 2 daughters and their husbands and our two grandchildren aged 5 & 8 and had a great time ALL the pools were open the staff were very pleasant ,we had rooms next to each other on a low floor as we requested which all had queen sized bed and bunk beds in them and a fridge that had a bottle of water per person in, air con was on and working! the grounds were well kept and very clean ,the rooms were cleaned daily and the towels and beds were too ,we didn't see any cockroaches .,yes there was a bit of outside painting going on ,on one day !!! the only negative point would be that the food could be a bit hotter , the entertainment staff worked really hard though I would have liked more than quizzes and karaoke the hotel wasn't very busy the week we stayed there and I assume that the season was only just starting The pool areas were really nice and our grandchildren had a ball we would go back to this hotel again Linda Greedy Cardiff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, June 4, 2013

We are happy that you didn't see any cockroaches and we noted your comment regarding food temperature. Thank you for your feedback.

Kettering, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have just returned from 11 nights at this hotel. Overall we enjoyed the holiday and my son who is 9 years old loved the water slides! The food at the hotel was very disappointing, they served the leftovers from the previous night for the lunch! Not a lot of choice with the food either compared to other all inclusive hotels I have visited. We ended up eating out on 4 evenings because we couldn't face the food in the restaurant! Most guests we spoke to also thought the food was very poor. The snack bar consisted of cold pizza even if you waited for fresh pizza to come out, it arrived stone cold! Also, the 2 restaurant staff were very unfriendly & miserable! The 2 lifeguards however on the water slides were very nice, friendly and lovely with the children. The rooms were also unbearable at night as the hotel won't switch the air con on yet! I'm surprised that this is a Thomas Cook hotel as I thought their standards were higher than this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I'll be brief here... the staff were unhelpful, especially the barman that's never at his post...
The room was like a sauna - room temperature was 26 celcuis and the staff refused to turn on the air-con as the "hotel was not full enough"...So that means they value saving on electrical costs over customer comfort.. despite when I mentioned I had very young children who were very uncomfortable in the baking room...
My 19 month old and my 3 year old had to sleep with my wife and I as COCKROACHES were everywhere... (See pics)...Seriously, we counted 12-14 that we saw/killed...
The next morning after shambolic first night, we missed breakfast due to lack of sleep and asked for some toast for our children at the 'snack bar' and we got 2 slices of dry white bread...
We asked to leave the hotel immediately and the Thomas Cook holiday rep (whom we booked through) stated that "becasue we offered you a different room at the SAME HOTEL, we will not be ofering you a refund" - like that would solve the problem...It doesn't even deserve the 1 star rating - worst hotel experience of my life..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Faliraki, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
It is sad to read through your response and we feel responsible for the fact that you didn’t get what you were expecting. Since this happened, we will examine what we can do in order not to experience similar incidents again.

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

E-Marketing Team

Been to Cyprotel Faliraki? Share your experiences!