“Really lovely family run hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Achousa Hotel to your Saves list
Achousa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rhodes-Lindos, Faliraki 85100, Greece   |
Ranked #20 of 72 hotels in Faliraki
“Really lovely family run hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the achousa the last week in July and first week in August. The family running it were so lovely and could not do enough for you and my little boy loved playing with the little girl sambeka the daughter of the owners.
Rooms were a good size and cleaned every day with new linen and towels. And the pool area was spotless the food served at the pool bar was lovely too. We stayed bed and breakfast and found this such good value for money.
The only negative point was the location which is a 10-15 minute walk into faliraki centre the first time we walked it was a killer but it soon became a lovely pleasant stroll once we were all used to it. And it is only 5 euros in a taxi if u don't fancy walking back again late in the evening. I totally loved faliraki I don't think we had a bad meal in any of the restaurants we visited.And the nightlife was fab we had 2 kids with us aged 7 and 14 they totally loved it and the bar at the achousa do lovely kids cocktails so they didn't feel left out when we were having ours.Air conditioning is a must and only 70 euros for 2 weeks I just wish I could have brought it home with me. All in all it was a great holiday and I would recommend the achousa if you were planning a holiday to faliraki young or old.And would like to thank all the staff for making our holiday such a fantastic one.

• Stayed July 2012

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was my first time to Faliraki, and what a memorable holiday it was!! After reading the reviews online, I was really worried I had made a massive mistake and ruined what was a week away for my friends 21st birthday. Driving around on the coach I couldn't help but think most of the hotels looked unclean and not very nice places, and then we pulled up to the Achousa Hotel. WOW. Everyone on the coach was commenting how posh it looked and asking what it was called. We were immediately greeted by friendly faces on reception and given our room key. Every where was spotless and all the guests looked very happy. We went up to our rooms in the lift and were slightly worried what we were going to find- however it was again spotless and the cleaner was just finishing the final touches to our room. She was very helpful in explaining how everything worked and helping us out with the air conditioning. We immediately got changed and wandered down to reception to ask for directions to everything, and again they were very helpful. The bar food was delicious, and we would recommend the barbecue to anyone- fantastic value and you are guaranteed to go to bed full up. All the staff were lovely and very helpful-and Lellis, Sam and John were always up for a few drinks when we got back from the town at night. I'd recommend the air conditioning as it does get very hot, but it is great value for money at 40 euros for the week!! The destination is maybe not desirable for younger people going over for a party holiday, but that is exactly what we went over for and found the walk to and from town easy-even in the day time!! It is 15 minutes if you stroll, but we walked it in roughly 7 minutes at a fair walk, and there are footpaths with railings separating you from the road. Taxi's are very easy if you would prefer those and you can wait for one at the end of the drive way. The beach is no further away than the town, so if that is what you would prefer then again, it's about 15 minutes stroll and 7 minutes walk at a fair pace. Shops are very close by, but everything you need is at the hotel anyway. The swimming pool was cleaned every night and was never dirty in the day. If there was ever a bug or anything in the pool, one of the snack bar staff would get it out for you. However, this only happened to us once!! We had a fantastic holiday and really hope to come back again soon. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Faliraki, and after speaking to some guests who had stayed at this hotel a number of times (and stayed at others, but said this was the best one by far!!!), it seems many other people feel the same way. Definitely book Achousa to make your holiday unforgettable and amazing!!! Lisa and Tori, room 301: 18th-25th July 2012!! TOP BANANA!!!

Room Tip: Room 301 had an amazing view, and although it was near a main road you never heard traffic at night...
achousa1985, Owner at Achousa Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thanks Lisa-Jayne T ,,, Top banana :)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed this hotel in a group of 4, we all were excited to go to Faliraki wildlife town everynight, to chill by the pool with cocktails, and the list goes on!! But with these negative reviews had me worried. Now I can tell to anyone who are worried by these negative reviews doesn't need to be worried because they'll be in the amazing hotel that are run by family and which are very friendly!!!

We had one problem when we arrived this hotel at 4am, the room wasn't cleaned and we complained but it turns out the cleaners do clean in early morning after 6ish and we arrived too early so they gave us spare room straightaway with no complications which was great!! And we got returned to our original room in the next morning.

Few days later, the tap in bath broke in one morning, we took it down and they said they will sort it out. We wasn't sure how long it will be because we obviously need a shower by that night before clubbing. We returned to our room few hours later and found the bath tap replaced to new tap and the shower works well! The staff do give out amazing customer service and they do help out to your troubled situations straightaway!! :)

The nightlife is not that far!! Walk is around 20 mins! There are couple of shops during the walk to the nightlife which makes it entertaining. The food shop is not that far, which is easy for us to buy some food and bring it back to the hotel..

The best holiday ive ever been to with NO complications especially with the price of our holiday is pretty cheap!!.. I'll definitely return one day. :)
PS: Lellis is the best!!!! :)))

achousa1985, Owner at Achousa Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thanks Rebecca !!! <<LELLIS>>
Rhodes, Dhodhekanisos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've been coming to Faliraki for the last 15 years now. I've stayed at many different hotels and resorts and this was by far the best. First and foremost I couldn't believe how cheap it was when I booked it online. Due to this I was a bit unusure as to what the quality would be like when I got there. Well it was excellent. The owners and staff could not have been more helpful. Whatever we needed they did all they could to help us. The pool is small but more than suitable for the amount of guests. Comfortable sun loungers and very reasonably priced drinks and snacks around the pool. What really surprised me about ACHOUSA HOTEL was how clean the place was. My room was cleaned literally every day, in my experience that is rare. You would go down to the pool, come back and your room would be spotless. The apartments are about a ten minute walk to the main part of faliraki, which is good because you get the best of both worlds, peace and quiet if you need it, and an easy walk into bar street, without the need to shell out for taxis. All in all I can't fault the place. If you are looking for excellent value, cleanliness and hospitality, Achousa is the place for you.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed as a group of four 21 year olds for a week at the Achousa in July, and it offered everything we could have asked for. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, the rooms were clean, the pool was lovely, the pool bar was perfect and the location was great for being so close to the lively centre of Faliraki (only a short walk directly down the road) but far enough away to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet. The hotel was filled with families, young people and older couples and I think it catered perfectly for everyone. There is also a bus which only costs 2 Euros directly to Rhodes town (which is beautiful) that stops right outside the hotel. I would recommend the Achousa to anyone wanting to visit Faliraki.

Also, a big thank you to the staff at the Di Steffano restaurant (half-way between the Achousa and Faliraki's bar street) Maria (the hotel owner) recommended we go there for food (she even drew us a map) and it was absolutely beautiful! Due to most of us being unwell and losing our voices the staff even gave us complimentary flaming Sambuca shots to sort us out! And gave us free t-shirts! Lovely place, lovely staff and lovely traditional Greek food. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the pool side (where I stayed) don't get disturbed by the noise during the day...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just returned from a weeks stay. The hotel was really good, basic as most of the places are in Greece but it was clean and tidy with the room made daily, the staff would go out of their way to help in any way possible.

It is abit of a walk down into the Bar/Beach area, well about 10-15 minutes but you get used to that.

For the price we got a bargain.

Athens, Attiki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Amazing staff!!!really friendly!!they will help you for almost everything so don't hesitate to ask!!Rooms are really nice and most important clean!!the hotel is near to supermarkets and cafeterias so the location is really great!!!you should really stay here for your vacations in Faliraki!!!Special thanks to Lellis( the boy in the front office desk)!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Achousa Hotel? Share your experiences!