These apartments are ideally situated in a quiet area of Perissa, but only a short walk from restaurants and bars. We had booked a studio and this was ideal for 2 people for 7 nights. There was a fridge and a 2-burner hotplate. Unusually for Greece there was also a kettle. We have been self-catering to Greece many times and these are probably the cleanest apartments we have ever been to. The bathroom bin was emptied every day and clean towels provided daily. All communal areas were also very clean.
The only downside here was the pool area. Unfortunately it was very small and claustrophobic. Great views though. Luckily we were able to use the pool area at the Marianna Hotel across the road. This was ideal as for the first few days of our stay the Lucia bar was hardly ever open. Too early in the season?
Our stay did not get off to a good start. We arrived around 9.45pm to find everything in semi-darkness and reception closed. After much panic we found a notice directing us to our room. It was on the first floor, not in the entrance. It was very worrying as the place didn't seem to be open. There was no sign of life. Surely it's not too much to ask for guests to be welcomed personally before 10 pm? After that things improved and we found everybody to be friendly and helpful. My husband had an accident and the owner took us to the hospital in Fira in her car. However we had to ask the Marianna Hotel to contact her as the emergency number was behind a locked door in reception! She was there within 5 minutes.
We would recommend Lucia Villas, but only if you like everything very low key and are prepared to be very independent.
- Also Known As:
- Lucia Villas Hotel
- Lucia Villas Hotel Perissa
- Lucia Villas Santorini/Perissa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lucia Villas is a small family-run hotel built with traditional cycladitic architecture style just 350m away from the best black beach of Santorini and 300m from Perissa center. The friendly, hospitalize atmosphere It disposes swimming pool and snack bar with unique sea and mountain view which gives you the best scenery for relaxation that makes your holidays an experience of a lifetime.Lucia Villas has suggestions for a person who likes walking. 100m. away from the hotel are two small pathways. With one of them, you can visit Katefiani church, which is a small church, built in the mountain. The other one can give you a magnify panoramic view of Santorini and a visit at the site of the Ancient Thira archeological excavations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lucia Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.