“Probably one of the best holiday's we've had (and weve had a few)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meltemi Luxury Suites

You added Meltemi Luxury Suites to your Saves list
Meltemi Luxury Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Santorini Island, Perissa 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Perissa
North East England
“Probably one of the best holiday's we've had (and weve had a few)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Meltemi Suites are a small complex of beautifully appointed rooms and apartments. Athena is a warm and friendly woman, a nicer person you couldn’t hope to meet. She manages the small friendly team who keep the suites immaculately clean and tidy. The leisurely buffet style breakfast is taken in the poolside bar and Athena even comes around to see if there’s anything you would rather have for breakfast. No-one ever did so the breakfast’s remained the same but as my wife did point out I didn’t have to eat everything every day.
The pool area was immaculate but only had a small number of sunbeds. Fortunately everyone took a grown up approach so availability wasn’t an issue when we were there.
On my wife’s birthday, she was presented with a scroll from the Meltemi team and Athena arranged for a bowl of fruit & a couple of bottles of wine to be available in our room.
Our room had a 4 Poster bed and a large bathroom and balcony, though the room was smaller than we had envisaged but this was not really an issue as we spent little time I it. Other issues mentioned elsewhere on this site weren’t problematic for us either, though other guests did seem to move rooms with regularity, clearly there is a mismatch between what’s in the holiday brochures/websites and customer expectations.
Finally our Thomson Rep “Stacey” was also extremely friendly, helpful and efficient and again provided us with a nice bottle of wine for our celebration. Stacey says she can talk of England and she does.
Overall we needed a totally relaxing holiday in nice surroundings and that’s exactly what we got.
Santorini, and island of two halves. The Candara is probably one of the most beautiful place in the world whilst the rest of the island could be anywhere in Greece.
Perissa, is a typically Greekl village made up of two parallel roads linked with smaller tracks. Both the sea front and the main road have numerous Taverna’s serving all types of food and gift shops selling the usual junk you can by anywhere in the med. The sea front Taverna’s tend to cost a bit more and a starter & mains for two with drinks and wine cost us between 30-40 euro. The Main Road Taverna’s are just as good but are cheaper, we had good meals at “Finicka’s” & “God’s Garden” Taverna’s and if you really on a budget “Grandma’s Recipe” sells delicious absolutely enormous (30cm)stuffed Pitta’s. The Taverna’s at “The Rock” end of the village were disappointing and the most expensive. Staff at all the taverna’s were friendly without being overpowering.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed at the Meltemi Suites for a week in June 2008. The apartments are only a short transfer from the airport and you will not be disappointed on arrival. Our room was beautifully decorated with a four poster bed and matching furniture. We had our own little balcony with a great view of the pool. The pool area is only small but very quiet and relaxing. There are not an awful lot of of sun loungers but if you can grab one they are quite luxurious compared to the plastic ones you can hire on the beach.

We stayed on a B&B basis and there was sufficient choice. The only problem was that most days the hot food was cold because there was no set time for breakfast to be served.

The 'strip' of resturants and bars is only a short walk away but far enough so you dont hear any noise in the night. There is a great selection of places to eat and we never had a bad meal.

A trip to the capital, Thira is a must. There is an excellent air conditioned coach service from the main road which provides frequent transport to the capital. It only takes 15 to 20 minutes and only costs a couple of euros. You will notice a price difference in Thira but a meal out on the cliffside, watching the sunset is breathtaking and worth every penny.

Santorini is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, made very special by our stay at the Meltemi Suites. We simply cant wait to return.

• Liked — Small and friendly
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband & I went out for a weeks holiday, for a nice break away & it was just perfect. Athena who runs the hotel, with her fantastic staff were all really lovely. She made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. My husband left his glasses on the coach one day after a trip, & even though we had thought they had gone forever, Athena had got them back for us by the time we returned to our apartment that night. The rooms were always very clean & tidy, & the breakfast was substantial, with Athena's smile to greet you each morning. Overall it was a great holiday, & we will defiantly be returning to Santorini & staying at the Meltemi Suites again!

Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Where to start? we went to Santorini for 2 weeks to get married.

Athena the hotel manager made our whole holiday very special. so helpful and gave us the inside knowledge of the island.

The whole hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned everyday. It is set between the beach and the main road, either was a 2 minute walk away. and at night the whole hotel is very quite and calm.

when we went in july the flowers were blossoming and made the whole hotel so beautiful. Breakfast 8-10am was great aswell!

We went with Thomson Holidays, who also planned our wedding:
Laura the wedding planner was out of this world and sorted everything out for us, making our wedding 110% perfect!
Kosta Savva our wedding photographer did a 2hour shoot, and every picture came out perfect!

Athena, Laura and Kosta were all there at our wedding and were so good at calming our nerves down and making the experience the best moment of our lives!

Thank You, Matt and Emma.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Hastings East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

My partner and I booked our holiday to Santorini last October on a whim as neither of us had been to Greece before. We arrived at the hotel around 10am which gave us the whole day to explore! On arrival we were greeted by the lovely Athena with a glass of greek wine whilst our checking in was processed. There are 16 suites in total and we were given room 7, on observation the room nice, very clean and had a small kitchenette area for making light snacks and drinks etc. The only thing was when we booked the holiday which was done online we had assumed that beacuse of the price we had paid with our agent we would have had a studio room. We had only 'requested' a jacuzzi so we were not expecting one as we have not paid for this but we were just a bit confused as to how you were given the option of paying for the rooms as the studios are different to the suites but I guess this was down to our travel agents! Anyway we spoke to Athena about this who told us that the hotel was fully booked but as we were there for 2 weeks she would see what she could do. Anyway room 7 was fine, and we didnt experience any problems with the 'interconnecting doors' which I had read about previously on here.

We used the facilities at the hotel, the pool was lovely and the breakfast in the morning was too very nice, not your typical english fry up but then I personally didnt fancy that in 40 degrees heat! Athena also supplies towels for the poolside which was handy as ours got a bit grubby in the first week! however there is a washing service avaliable if you wished to have any laundry done. We met some other english couples within the hotel, we found there to be a mixture of age groups. My partner and I are in our mid 20's and and there seemed to be mid 20's, 30's + which was fine for us. Towards the end of our holiday Athena offered us a studio room which was absolutely gorgeous (room 11) with balcony and sunlongers and jacuzzi which we paid an extra 50 euros per night which we were happy to pay for a last bit of luxury!! The maids were great and the rroms were always very very clean. Perissa beach is gorgeous although getting in the sea is a challangee in itself!! many of the sunloungers you have to pay 6-7 euros for per day although their services vary as the area of sunloungers are attached with certain resturants and bars. We used Charlinas resturant which we paid 7 euros for 2 sunloungers and an umbrella but then you also get a free drink so it works out next to nothing. We tried most of the resturants along perissa and found all the food to be good, the greeks dont continually to try and lure you in either like some countries! We particularly liked Gods Garden, very resaonable and typical greek food - yum! We alos liked Santo Paradiso for cocktails in the evening and Dorians which do fab cocktails for just 3 euros!
We did some excusrions with our agent which were great but you can also book throught the places in Perissa but not sure on the prices. We visited Oia to watch the sunset which is a must - very beautiful and we went to Thira the capital which was too very nice - really greek and very pretty, getting there is easy either by bus or by qud bike if your brave enough! We did also was tho the other end of Perissa beach to Perivolos which looked nice - you can hire double bed sun loungers which looked fun!
For bottled water and snacks we used the big Coop in perissa which was fairly cheap, and next to this was a gorgeous 24 hour bakery! they did gorgeous savouries and cakes but very dangerous for the waistline!
Overall our holiday was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the only negatives I would say is the amount of unfinished construction work there is about and sometimes it can be very windy which too can be nice if it very hot but sometimes a pain when your trying to eat!

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Just returned from an excellent stay at the Metimi suites in Perrissa Santorini. Having now been to several greek islands, this hotel, for me, is the best I have stayed at. We had an excellent room (13) ( Each room - I believe maybe slightly different ) that was fantastically quiet. I liked the feel of the hotel from the word go, small, friendly, clean, quiet but only being maybe 150-200 yards away from nice bars and restaurants, the beech, the hills, the supermarket. I took the time, as I always do, to wander round and see where it stood relative to other hotels in the vicinity. I can reassure anyone that Euro for Euro this one is the best. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly which in turn in my experience made all of the guests happy and sociable. I spoke to several couples who essentially had the same view. Reassuringly when you arrive there is a guest book that I thumbed through whilst sinking the complimentary sherry ( Wine - but it tasted like sherry). The comments left by previous genuine guests really help settle you after a long trip, particularly if you arrive at night, and you should find that the sherry isn't too bad either...

The Hotel, I would suggest is best suited for proffesional couples looking for R & R. It's really not a kids place (Sorry kids) and that suited us down to the ground. Bigger than most Greek rooms the air conditioning is ace. The management of the Hotel is excellent (Athena and another fella who's name escaped me) and really blends socialness and proffesionalism with just the right balance.

Outside of the hotel you can really do as little or as much as you like. The main entry door is closed at midnight but all guests have a key ( I only had to use it the once on the first night due to the late flight and time difference). If your an 'up all night clubber' this hotel is probably not for you, mainly because I don't think there any clubs and why would you want a hotel anyway, your off clubbing. For the folks who have put there glow sticks away for the millenium though it's ideal and I wouldn't go passed it.

When we were there last week I would say the average age was around 35 but it really could comfortably cater for anyone. I'd have no hesitation reccomending this hotel to my Mum and Dad ( There the fiercest of critics I know whilst giving everywhere a fair go).

We took some ace pictures of the hotel but to be honest the hotels own ones are honest and genuinely representative unlike some others hotels where you wonder what kind of lens the photographer used.

Remember Perissa is developing - There is a really insignificant buiding down from the hotel that hasn't been finished. Dont let that put you off though, as I did see some negative comments on tripadviser before we left. You find this level of development everywhere and to me it simply looked like the developers had ran out of money. I'm sure they'll be back someday..

The hotel simply does the business..Give it a go.

This is my first ever trip advisor review. I hope you find it useful - I've tried to be honest and fair.

Stu

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Meltemi Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!