“Good Souvlaki and a Great Owner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 64 Restaurants in Perissa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Grandmas Recipes is a small and friendly restaurant situated on perissa's main road.We have been established since 2004 and our grandmothers traditional Greek dishes have proved to be very popular, especially our XXL Gyros Pitta and homemade burgers, which we make using only the freshest and best quality local produce.We provide delicious food, with excellent service in a relaxed atmosphere. We also have a large screen TV so you can enjoy a coffee or refreshing beer whilst watching your favourite team.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good Souvlaki and a Great Owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Well cooked very large souvlaki. I had to take mine to go.
I also got to meet Artemis, the owner. He was very nice and kept me company since I traveled to Santorini in October when there aren't many tourists, so there was only one other customer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Northwold, United Kingdom
“Good fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Next to Dorians bar,this restaurant specialised in burgers ,pizzas and a range of other fast foods.Portions were large,service was slick and the food was excellent

Visited September 2012
East Sussex
“Very filling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We grabbed a lunch at Grandma's Recipes one day when we were feeling hungry and left feeling very full. They were freshly made and very filling and very good value for money.

Visited August 2012
uk
“great stop off for cheap meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

we were told about this place by an other guest in our hotel so we gave it a go, its a great little find the food we ordered came out hot and the meal was massive, local wine was great to, it was great value for money and i would recommended this little gem to anyone.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire
“Cheap and cheerful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were recommended this place by a Greek hotelier. We visited here 4 or 5 times during our stay in September. The place is known for the large gyros costing 4€ or the homemade burgers. There are several other main dishes on the menu such as chicken, pork steak, lamb chops,etc. they also serve several types of salads and sandwiches. This is not an elaborate menu but the food is fresh, cooked well and large portions. I tried the gyros (pork or chicken) and they were great.
My wife tried several of the salads and was impressed with the portion sizes. I wasn't expecting a lot when I ordered the lamb chops but was pleasantly surprised when there were 5 chops on my plate. They were definitely the best chops I had during my stay. If the chips had not been of the frozen variety it would have been my favourite meal during my stay.
This place is for casual dining But it's cheap and cheerful. Also a lot of the locals use this place, which tends to be a good sign.

• Visited September 2012