This is a great little hotel, in a great location and for less than 50 euros a night you won't do much better! The rooms were a decent size, not huge but sufficient with a nice big bed. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and opened onto a shared terrace. It has a small pool and some sun loungers in its attractive patio.
Within 30 yards of the hotel you have a number of good restaurants, the lovely Mylos Cafe (fruit and yogurt for breakfast and lovely cocktails for the evening (or even breakfast if you're so inclined), a convenience store and a bakery. It's only a 10 minute walk to Thira along a stunning cliftop pathway with amazing caldera views.
- A taxi to the airport from the hotel cost us 15 euros each way.
- Buses from Thira's central bus station cover the breadth of the island for less than 2 euros for most single journeys.
- The 'hot' springs aren't that hot (or at least weren't when we went) if this is your primary reason for doing a boat trip then it's probably not worth it.
- The Museum of Prehistoric Thira is surprisingly good.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sofia Hotel Santorini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofia Hotel Santorini Firostefani