“HIdden Gem in Santorini” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 15 Firostefani B&B and Inns
Gold Coast Australia
“HIdden Gem in Santorini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

An experience of a lifetime and excellent accommodation in Santorini. The friendly family environment surpassed any expectations. I was a solo traveller and wanted to experience Greek hospitality while still have a safe environment. After reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor I booked direct and the process was efficient and without problem. I was only asked to pay one nights accommodation as a deposit - only 50 Euros!!!!. On my arrival, from the conclusion of my Greek Island cruise with Insight & Louis cruise lines (note: NEVER consider cruising on the Aquamarine - absolutely deplorable conditions) "Mr George" , who is the father, was there to greet me at the port with a huge smile and said " Welcome to Santorini"
I was 1 hour late disembarking from the boat then I had to wait approx an additional 1/2 hour for my suitcase. I apologised and felt terrible that he had to wait so long, he kept smiling and "No problem my pleasure"
On arrival at the apartments I tired to tip him for his wonderful service but he kindly declined my offer! I have travelled extensively and usually stay in 5 star accommodation and never had such a warm greeting. Nicolina, who is the daughter, greeted me in the same warm friendly manner and gave me a detailed overview of places to visit, advised best restaurants & a map & bus timetable. My room was on the ground floor - NO:11 large room tiled floor with a high ceiling, airy, light and extremely clean with quality linen, comfortable mattress, double bed with side tables and lamps, large wardrobe, dressing table and two chairs, decent size bathroom with hairdryer, air con, excellent fridge, safe with key (no extra charge)& TV . The grounds were nicely decorated and immaculate including the pool with quality sun lounges and umbrellas. Steps are always a huge issue in Santorini but here the reception is only one step from the footpath and they also have ramp if needed. There are approx (6/7 steps) to the main ground floor apartments & pool area and approx (17 steps) to the rear exit which leads to the Caldera which is approx only 1mins walk away. The apartments also have an alfresco area on the top (approx 17steps) level with views of the Caldera which is a lovely place to sit and enjoy a wine. I did consider staying in accommodation overlooking the Caldera but the rooms seems very small and sometimes damp and smelled of smoke and expensive for the quality, from reading reviews, and I wanted to keep my additional funds to enjoy my vacation. This was a brilliant decision as the Caldera views; bus stop and convenience shops & restaurants are 1 mins walk away. You can buy any supplies needed including quality wine and having an excellent large working fridge and freezer was a bonus.
The property in on the border of Firostefani and Fira. In my opinion it is better staying here as it is a higher location on the Caldera, way from the crowds and you are only 10 ins walk into Fira by walking along the cobblestone path while viewing the spectacular Caldera or along the road or as an alternative you can catch the bus just along the road outside the apartments. The bus will also take you to each destination including all the beaches & Oia for 140Euro. On my departure "Mr George" took me to the airport (complimentary) & I once again tried to tip but he declined with a friendly smile! I would not hesitate in recommending anyone including families, solo travellers and couples to stay at this Sepcial Family owned & run :"HIDDEN GEM IN SANTORINI. Also thanks once again to Trip Advisor "My Vacation Bible" Dianne Gold Coast Australia

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

One can never overstay their welcome in this warm and serene environment.
We’ ve visited Santorini with my wife 3 consecutive times within the last 3 years, and we have bonded ourselves with this hotel ever since. Situated at the very center of Firostefani (between Fira’s Capital and Imerovigili), you cannot miss the action, the romance and the local spirit offered both by its location and the human touch of the owners.

The family “staff” welcomes and treats all guests as if they are extended relatives.
Cleanliness of very roomy living quarters, immaculate professional services, excellent breakfast comparable to luxurious chain hotels, are some of the amenities one can enjoy while due to its perfect central location overlooking both sides of beautiful Santorini, you can feel the diversity of the whole island environment.
Definitely a high recommended place to stay for short or longer periods, as pricing is very logical for the services and personal touch offered.

A warm thank you note to the lovely family owners that always makes our stay such a pleasant experience !!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

We were extremely pleased with our suite at the Reverie Apartments. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast buffet was varied and delicious. The staff was very gracious and helpful. Nikolina was just wonderful. Georgio was a perfect gentleman. We plan to recommend the Reverie to anyone we know heading for Santorini. Kudos to the staff at the Reverie. We have traveled the world and stayed at many 5-star hotels. Very few could hold a candle to the Reverie insofar as the staff is concerned.

Love you all!!

Margo and Frank Young USA

• Liked — cleanliness, decor
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

Great hotel just before the amazing View of Santorini which is a 3 minute walk....Takes 10 to 15 minutes to walk into the centre....depending how many drinks you've had and the walk along the cliff is spectacular. Lovely little Breaky and the Family who own and run this hotel are all fantastic. Good size and clean room....great location and all in all great stay!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Was'nt staying there long enough!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Blaine, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We just returned from a vacation in Santorini. We stayed at the Reverie Traditional Apartments and the service was excellent. Nikolina was there to answer all of our questions each and everyday and she helped us to find the best things to do on the island. A full breakfast was available at the hotel for 8 Euro everyday and the location of the hotel was ideal as it was very close (8 minute walk ) to Fira (the city center) and it was centrally located on the island so that we were easily able to walk to the Old Port take the bus or drive to Oia to see the sunset. The owners of the Reverie made us feel right at home and took very good care of us. We loved our stay there and would recommend it to anyone looking to visit the island of Santorini.

• Liked — The level of Service provided far exceeded our expectations
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect when I first decided to go to Santorini and Reverie. I've read great reviews about Firostefani and Reverie, but still... First of all, Firostefani is absolutely the best choice. Why? Because it's really 10 min. walk from Fira (the capital), but it's cheaper (accomodation). You can walk every night to Fira, go out to clubs and cafes (Caldera) and walk back home and not to take a bus. The hotel - total success! The staff is very kind. George is the father, he has two fabulous daughters - Nikolina and Antonia, who run their family hotel and are really giving their best to make it a cosy place to stay. They give you maps as soon as you arrive, and tell you where to eat, what to visit, where's the bus station and all other useful info about Santorini. They offered so many times to make reservations for restaurants, trips, excursions. Really great hosts! The hotel is clean, rooms are not small, each room has its own bathroom. They change towels every morning and clean the room every day. Deffinitelly good value for money. I strongly recomend Reverie Hotel! :-)) Katarina & Vlada (Serbia)

• Liked — Staff, location, the hotel
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

Date 20-22 June 2008

My wife and I, just came back from a weekend in Santorini. It was our first visit in the island. We stayed at the Reverie Traditional Apartments located in Firostefani, within a walking distance from Fira. The location is perfect because it is next to Fira ( a few minutes walk) but quieter. Our room was traditionally styled, very clean and with television, air condition and refrigerator and others amenities. The room is facing the nice pool. You have to pay an extra 8 euro for the breakfast which is excellent, huge and tasty. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Actually it is a family run business. If you need any information or help, Mr George is here. It looks after everything. We had a wonderful stay and next time we visit Santorini, we definitely choose again Reverie Traditional Apartments.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Reverie Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!