An experience of a lifetime and excellent accommodation in Santorini. The friendly family environment surpassed any expectations. I was a solo traveller and wanted to experience Greek hospitality while still have a safe environment. After reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor I booked direct and the process was efficient and without problem. I was only asked to pay one nights accommodation as a deposit - only 50 Euros!!!!. On my arrival, from the conclusion of my Greek Island cruise with Insight & Louis cruise lines (note: NEVER consider cruising on the Aquamarine - absolutely deplorable conditions) "Mr George" , who is the father, was there to greet me at the port with a huge smile and said " Welcome to Santorini"
I was 1 hour late disembarking from the boat then I had to wait approx an additional 1/2 hour for my suitcase. I apologised and felt terrible that he had to wait so long, he kept smiling and "No problem my pleasure"
On arrival at the apartments I tired to tip him for his wonderful service but he kindly declined my offer! I have travelled extensively and usually stay in 5 star accommodation and never had such a warm greeting. Nicolina, who is the daughter, greeted me in the same warm friendly manner and gave me a detailed overview of places to visit, advised best restaurants & a map & bus timetable. My room was on the ground floor - NO:11 large room tiled floor with a high ceiling, airy, light and extremely clean with quality linen, comfortable mattress, double bed with side tables and lamps, large wardrobe, dressing table and two chairs, decent size bathroom with hairdryer, air con, excellent fridge, safe with key (no extra charge)& TV . The grounds were nicely decorated and immaculate including the pool with quality sun lounges and umbrellas. Steps are always a huge issue in Santorini but here the reception is only one step from the footpath and they also have ramp if needed. There are approx (6/7 steps) to the main ground floor apartments & pool area and approx (17 steps) to the rear exit which leads to the Caldera which is approx only 1mins walk away. The apartments also have an alfresco area on the top (approx 17steps) level with views of the Caldera which is a lovely place to sit and enjoy a wine. I did consider staying in accommodation overlooking the Caldera but the rooms seems very small and sometimes damp and smelled of smoke and expensive for the quality, from reading reviews, and I wanted to keep my additional funds to enjoy my vacation. This was a brilliant decision as the Caldera views; bus stop and convenience shops & restaurants are 1 mins walk away. You can buy any supplies needed including quality wine and having an excellent large working fridge and freezer was a bonus.
The property in on the border of Firostefani and Fira. In my opinion it is better staying here as it is a higher location on the Caldera, way from the crowds and you are only 10 ins walk into Fira by walking along the cobblestone path while viewing the spectacular Caldera or along the road or as an alternative you can catch the bus just along the road outside the apartments. The bus will also take you to each destination including all the beaches & Oia for 140Euro. On my departure "Mr George" took me to the airport (complimentary) & I once again tried to tip but he declined with a friendly smile! I would not hesitate in recommending anyone including families, solo travellers and couples to stay at this Sepcial Family owned & run :"HIDDEN GEM IN SANTORINI. Also thanks once again to Trip Advisor "My Vacation Bible" Dianne Gold Coast Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reverie is distinguished for being a hotel run by a family, with a personal touch where one will encounter authentic island hospitality in a safe environment.It is situated in Firostefani,a few steps from the caldera side and a ten minute walk from the center of Fira.Easy approach,hospitable atmosphere,traditional island architecture & many modern comforts are some characteristics that make Reverie the ideal place to explore Santorini island&enjoy your stay.Swimming pool, snack bar, free parking,free Wifi & a terrace with caldera view are also at your disposal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Reverie Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reverie Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Reverie Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani