“A Total Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Firostefani
Melbourne
“A Total Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in mid September last year and was given room 112 which was nowhere near the hotel pool or the reception area, it was up the hill and underneath a noisy restaurant.

Each morning we were woken by people walking around in the restaurant above us.

The standard of room while clean I would rate as 2 star at the best. The view from the balcony was poor and impeded by a roof.

The rooms you should avoid at all costs are 111 to 113. I think these must be owned by someone else and leased out to the hotel when all the hotel rooms are booked out.

When I complained I was offered a free transfer to the airport to compensate.

The hotel itself is approximately 100 steps below the room we were given.

This hotel doesn't deserve to be patronised while they are offering these rooms to trusting travellers.

I actually emailed the hotel and asked them about the room (112)and was assured that it was very good and had a wonderful view. NOT SO! Very disappointing having travelled all the way from Australia

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Did not match what was advertised
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Seoul, Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

1) Good service : I can't forget the cold champaign that I drank when just arrived. Pickup service and
2) Good Location : It's close to the downtown of Fira. But quiet place.
3) Good Price : We visited there on mid-season. So a discounted price was applied. But hotels that have mid season discount are not so many.
4) Tour helper : If you want to visit volcano island and go to cruise tour, just tell the front man.
5) Great View : It is located at a middle of cliff, not too high and not too low. And you can see very clean and wide view from Millhouse.
6) Good Facility : Small but clean swimpool, freezer and big-size bed..

I visited two hotels. If someone let me choose one, I would pick MillHouse. My wife would think so. The photos that were taken at MillHouse will be our great memory.. and my wife and I hope that we will visit there again..

• Liked — full view
  • Disliked — humidity
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I stayed at mil houses when i travelled to santorini last summer. The experience is something that I still discuss with friends. It's everything you expect to have when on such an island; warm, friendly service, exceptionally clean rooms, beautiful views, and most importantly, comfortable beds and atmosphere. Also, the hotel is situated in the main town just minutes away from all the action and shops, yet far enough to enjoy peace and quite at night.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone thinking of a romantic getaway or perhaps honeymoon or just plain visiting santorini for fun!

• Liked — location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — had to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hurricane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Our stay at the Mill Houses was wonderful! It was much MORE than we expected. Manolis (the manager) was waiting for us at the port when our ferry arrived. He was very friendly and informative. When we got to our room, they brought us our luggage along with champagne and a bowl of fruit. Our suite was awesome and the staff is wonderful! We became good friends with Andreas - who seems to do just about everything and was such a joy to talk to. Yannis took special care making sure the rooms were clean and comfortable. I can't say enough about the hotel. The breakfasts were great. They bring it right to your room every morning when you're ready. You can sit outside overlooking the sea with a view that takes your breath away! The atmosphere is intimate and relaxing. The drinks by the pool were delicious. It is very conveniently located. I have been to Santorini one other time and stayed in a much more expensive hotel and I can honestly say it didn't offer any more than the Mill Houses (and the view didn't even come close to the view you have at Mill Houses). I will stay at the Mill Houses on my next trip to Santorini! I can't wait to see my friends again. I miss Mill Houses and Santorini just talking about it.

• Liked — The staff, view, location, accomodations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Our family spent 2 nights in Santorini and before going to the island , I've searched for many hotels and finally I chose Mill Houses because it is very beautiful with the view and has all things my family needs ( transfer service, breakfast and the location).

Mr.Sigalas picked us up at the port and when we reached the hotel , the staff helped us to carry the big luggage and stepped down to the room.
Our room ,decorated in the traditional and modern style, is more beautiful from what I saw from the web sites. They prepared the bed and welcome drink to my daughter also. The room is very wide , it has kitchennette with full equipment , the dining table and the loft, also the hot air for this winter season. The bath room is clean and there are amenities ,bath robes and comfy slippers , the staff cleaned up everyday.
The breakfast is europe style, there's nice yoghurt and we can choose to have it in room or at the balcony with magnificent view of the caldera.
The location is great , I saw the sunset from hotel balcony and it's not far from Fira town( around 10 -15 minutes walking with unforgettable view ) but it's more quiet and more beautiful.
Our family had a great time in Santorini although it was off- season , Mill houses studio and Suites completed this memorable trip for us.
If I come back to Santorini I will absolutely stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MillHousesSantorini, Διευθυντής at Mill Houses Elegant Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for for taking the time you took to write a review about your staying at Mill Houses Elegant Suites.The fact that you realy enjoyed your stay at our Hotel,and your gratitude to our staff that did everything to make your stay even memorable is always a thrill to know.Our collective is very grateful for the wonderful things u wrotein your review about our Hotel! Such comments give us the inspiration for further improves in our services.We will do everything to welcome you in fotrhcoming years with more favorable conditions in every point of the view.

Sincerely Yours,

Mill Houses Elegant Suites
travelchick87
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Mill Houses was absolutely wonderful! They did everything they could to make sure that our stay was comfortable and fun. They were extremely helpful when we needed advice and information, they picked us up from the ferry port for free and without complaint, they upgraded us for free to the most beautiful room I have ever stayed in....EVER! The view from the pool deck was breathtaking, especially on a sunny day! Breakfast was served in our room if it was a rainy morning or with a view off of the back patio if the weather was nice (thankfully, it always was). We didn't travel to Santorini during the prime tourist season obviously but regardless, it was the most beautiful place I have ever been....I can only imagine how amazing it would be during the spring, summer, or early fall. Stay at Mill Houses; you will not be disappointed!!!

• Liked — The view, location, and staff!!!
  • Disliked — No complaints; it was PERFECT!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

We went to Santorini for a quick 4 day vacation in December, not knowing that nearly the entire island was closed down for the off-season. The Mill Houses was one of the few open hotels we could find. What luck we had!
The hotel is beautifully situated on the cliff side of Santorini just outside of Fira. Due to the off season, they upgraded us to a Suite which was great. We had a small balcony, a sitting room and kitchenette, bedroom area with a double bed, and a small (though typical) bathroom. Each morning the staff delivered a nice breakfast of various breads/cakes, eggs, fresh yogurt, juice and coffee.
The hotel helped us to rent a car (highly recommended!) for 2 days at 25 Euro/day. We were able to tour the entire island in 2 days but would recommend taking at least 3 to see everything. During High Season, I would recommend multiple days to visit the sites, see the beaches and enjoy the various restaurants.
On the day we did not have a car, we were able to easily walk to Fira, about 10 minutes away (and a heck of a climb up the stairs). Though most of the shops were closed, we were able to find nice restaurants to eat in, and some shops to buy trinkets.
We will hopefully be back soon!

• Liked — The amazing views and sunsets.
  • Disliked — The stairs (a necessary evil)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mill Houses Elegant Suites? Share your experiences!