Arriving in Santorini by ferry, a hotel rep came to collect us. It's complementary with your stay they said so who would we be to turn it down. Our large van weaved through the Santorini hills and our young driver described what we were going passed and where his favourite parts of the island. Arriving at the hotel car park, he carried our bags down through the snaking path through the caldera. I cannot begin to tell you how heavy our bags were and how many steps there are. It be managed.
The check in was very easy as they knew we were coming and everything was all ready. The view is just stunning. The disappearing edge opens out into the sea with the volcanic island rising out. Our room was ready and they carried our bags down.
THE ROOM: we were in room 105 (recommended), a junior suite. It is a cave style room and just incredible. All white with curtains and round ceilings and a mezzanine area. Our own kitchen and very spacious bathroom. We were slack jawed. And then our welcome glasses of local soft fizz arrived. The room also has an iPod music dock.
BREAKFAST: this is preordered each day and they bring breakfast down to your room or outside on the pool terrace - as you like. We, being greedy, had sparkling wine, fruit, eggs, local pastries every morning. This is made off site and brought to you everyday.
SERVICE: flawless. They booked restaurants, made recommendations, booked cars, day excursions, dropped us off at the airport etc. All great. The shaved head Croatian guy is phenomenal, friendly and well- informed. There are 5* hotels that could really learn a thing or two from this guy.
VALUE: so we found a good online deal and we could not believe our luck. Santorini and Caldera views don't come cheap. This is perfect is perfect for honeymoons and romantic weekends. At 3x the price we would find this place great value.
LOCATION: in terms if where it is in the island, it's great and easier if you have a car. In terms of in Fira, it's about a 15 min walk into town. You need to be fit. There's a lot of stairs coming up from the hotel. If you need disabled access I'm not sure if this is a practical place to stay but you will have this all around the caldera.
It's a must stay. We are so glad we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless Aegean sea... Deep blue flirting with pigments of rugged stone... The breathtaking Caldera, as in a picture from a famous postcard... At the bay of Firostefani, on the stately rock that bridges the sky with the sea, the whitewashed figure of Mill Houses Boutique Hotel & Suites in Santorini, looks like hovering over the mesmerizing cliff. With a unique view to the volcano of Santorini - the symbol of power of a sea that historically united cultures - our hospitable suites seem entangled in an indiscernible dialogue with the mythical elements of the island. Live an unforgettable experiece at our dreamlike Boutique Santorini Hotel & Suites in Firostefani. Honeymoon in Santorini ? Make it an experience of a lifetime. We can skillfully organize your Santorini wedding according to your needs and wishes. Our Santorini boutique hotel offer honeymoon suites with verandas overlooking the Volcano island. Honeymoon in Santorini with hundreds romantic getaways, a perfect beginning to your new life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Mill Houses Elegant Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Houses Studios And Suites
- Mill Houses Studios Hotel Firostefani
- Mill Hotel Studios
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites Santorini/Firostefani