Our honeymoon to Greece was the most enriching travel experience we have had to date. Two nights in Athens and two nights in Mykonos was topped off by a four night stay at the Blue Dolphins Hotel in Firostefani, Santorini (Thira).
The Blue Dolphins Hotel was above and beyond our expectations from the beginning. We were greeted upon our arrival by the owner/manager, Thomas. He escorted us to our (upgraded) room (villa!) personally and spent 30-45 minutes explaining to us all there was to see and do on the island. He was very patient and had suggestions for all of our desires. He was even prepared with a list of the best restaurants/activities on the island and helped us plan which things we would like to do. With his guidance we did what we believe to be all of the MUSTS of Santorini, including some that we would have never known about without an insider's view (i.e. Dimitri's restaurant at the very tip of Oia for best sunset and freshest seafood ever, and Seaside cafe on the black beach- very difficult to find if you're not looking for it with direction, Thalassa cruise to volcanic island and hot springs, etc.).
The staff were incredibly friendly and made us reservations for dinner each night, as well as booked activities at our request in order to save us time and energy (better spent exploring/resting!). The other staff person (we can't remember his name) that works in the office daily was just as accommodating and friendly. We actually ran into him at Seaside-which was evidence that we were being sent to the best places where even natives like to spend their time, not tourist traps.
Each morning there was a delicious inclusive breakfast with a spread of fresh Greek staples such as feta cheese, yogurt, grapes, fruits, homemade jams, eggs, cold cuts, etc. Thomas was also present every morning to greet the guests, see how we were doing, and to offer advice. A couple mornings he even went back to the kitchen and made each person an Iced Greek Coffee him self! On our last day there, he also packed me a breakfast to-go, as I was running behind getting ready.
We stayed in the Alexander Villa which lies at the peak of Imerovigli. It is very centrally located looking out at the caldera. The view was breathtaking. It was just like what you might see in a travel magazine- only better. The villa was extremely clean and functional with a free Wi-Fi connection. We talked to many guests at breakfasts who said the same about their rooms.
We were thoroughly impressed with Blue Dolphins facilities and staff, and with the location. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer. Next time (and there will be a next time!) we will stay for maybe 6 nights instead of only 4.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.