“The VIEW” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“The VIEW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

This review might be a little dated, but I only recently discovered Trip Advisor so I thought I would add in my contribution now.
I stayed at Blue Dolphins villas in May of 2009. There were 4 of us, so we ended up getting the studio with private balcony. Booking online was easy and we had no trouble checking in.
The hotel is quite nice. Big clean room, with BEAUTIFUL views of the caldera. It is also within walking distance of Fira. Breakfast is provided at the hotel which is a bonus. Nothing fancy, just cereal, toast, yoghurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice etc. but it was quite adequate for us. They have a wonderful seating/outdoor patio area where they serve breakfast that overlooks the caldera and the island coast. Each table even has an umbrella if you prefer to eat in the shade. Breakfast became quite a leisurely time for us, sipping coffee and enjoying the sunshine and the gorgeous view. The seating area is open at all times for guests to enjoy as well.
Another bonus is we got a free 2 day car rental because we booked 4 nights at Blue Dolphins. It was easy to grab another 2 days car rental from the same company so that we could have the vehicle during our entire stay.
The individual that we dealt with on check-in was named Alexis, and he gave us a quick briefing on Santorini. He was very knowledgeable and helpful, and gave us a map of the island along with a list of restaurants, beaches, boat trips, and other things to do while staying on the island. We went to several of the restaurants that he suggested and all were very good.

Overall, our stay at the Blue Dolphins was fantastic and I would definitely stay here again! In fact, I am definitely planning on coming back in the near future (Honeymoon perhaps???)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I had very bad experience at Blue dolphins.

I contacted them, checked room availablity, agreed on price, then I filled in the resevation form with my credit card information.

25% deposit was withdrawed from my account. However, when I thought things are settled, I got an email from the hotel boss, he said the room will not be available during my stay because of renevation. He suggested an alternative place for me, which is in a very bad shape.

This is ridiculous! The point of making reservation is to gaurantee the room, especially I have paid deposit. Apparantly my deposit does not bring any security!!!!

I sent an email to the boss, no reply!

Please be cautions when you book blue dolphin! They are very dishonst and money drivien!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Really a lot to say! We've chosen "Blue Dolphins" 3 times already (2 times for Business and 1 time for tourism reasons) during the past year. Amazing people, amazing decoration, one-of-a-kind view and best level of service. Topping this? A super convenient location for any reason, be it tourism or business, right in the middle of everything but still with no noises to interrupt your calmness when you need it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Gaeta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I liked bluedolphins very much.
the decoration is minimal & relaxing.
the bathrooms have big built showers
I stayed with my wife in march- the room was hot & welcoming.
the view from the room, really breathtaking!
Denis at the reception was very helpful.
he also gave us a list of thing to do / restaurants, bars, beaches- fish places etc
take this golden list! from the reception, it will be your guide for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We had a great time here - rooms are recently renovated and are very smart and comfortable. Ours had a stunning view over the caldera. Lovely breakfasts on the terrace, again with THAT view. Alex the owner/manager is a charming guy - when we arrived, he sat down with us for a very helpful briefing on the island, with recommendations for restaurants, places to visit etc, all of which checked out. Why don't all hotels do this?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Alexis is the best host one could ask for! He gave us a list with all the recommended sites of the island that was extremely helpful. He even drove us to dinner at one of the places because he was genuinely helpful and wanted us to have a great stay! He provided transportation to and from the airport, as well as recommends where to rent transportation for use getting around the island.
The room was a beautiful, perfect romantic suite: one luxurious bed, couch and table, fridge with soda, beer, wine, and champagne, and large bathroom with great shower. Couldn't have asked for better hospitality!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Everything about this hotel is incredible-the location, view, rooms, and especially the staff. From the moment of arrival, you are made to feel at home. Alexis is one of the nicest, most helpful individuals I have ever met. He will go out of his way to make sure everything about your stay is perfect. I plan on returning to this hotel time and time again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!