This review might be a little dated, but I only recently discovered Trip Advisor so I thought I would add in my contribution now.
I stayed at Blue Dolphins villas in May of 2009. There were 4 of us, so we ended up getting the studio with private balcony. Booking online was easy and we had no trouble checking in.
The hotel is quite nice. Big clean room, with BEAUTIFUL views of the caldera. It is also within walking distance of Fira. Breakfast is provided at the hotel which is a bonus. Nothing fancy, just cereal, toast, yoghurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice etc. but it was quite adequate for us. They have a wonderful seating/outdoor patio area where they serve breakfast that overlooks the caldera and the island coast. Each table even has an umbrella if you prefer to eat in the shade. Breakfast became quite a leisurely time for us, sipping coffee and enjoying the sunshine and the gorgeous view. The seating area is open at all times for guests to enjoy as well.
Another bonus is we got a free 2 day car rental because we booked 4 nights at Blue Dolphins. It was easy to grab another 2 days car rental from the same company so that we could have the vehicle during our entire stay.
The individual that we dealt with on check-in was named Alexis, and he gave us a quick briefing on Santorini. He was very knowledgeable and helpful, and gave us a map of the island along with a list of restaurants, beaches, boat trips, and other things to do while staying on the island. We went to several of the restaurants that he suggested and all were very good.
Overall, our stay at the Blue Dolphins was fantastic and I would definitely stay here again! In fact, I am definitely planning on coming back in the near future (Honeymoon perhaps???)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani