This is a solid budget hotel at somewhat inflated prices, due to its excellent location on the caldera. Our room (#7) was extremely small but very clean and well-kept with modern furnishings. Technically it was a caldera view room but really it was a view of the pool and terrace umbrellas with some water beyond. Because it opened up directly onto the pool area, we did have some noise issues with kids and partying travelers, but nothing you wouldn't expect at a major tourist location in high season.
Terrace and pool are small - you have to go early for a sunset seat - but you can't beat the view. Buffet breakfast also very nice. I noticed a lot of reviews of their cave houses so I can't speak to those, but I'm not sure I'd stay in the standard rooms again. It seems like it would be worth it to save up for a bigger room or a fancier hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Hotel
- Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Santorini/Firostefani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Damigos family has been a part of Santorini history for over a century. Villa Ilias is the former residence of one of our ancestors, George Ilias Damigos. It is built on this specific location to capture breath taking views that areunique only to Villa Ilias and perched 1,000 feet above the Aegean Sea and the most famous Volcano in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Villa Ilias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.