“Fantastic in all respects” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save Up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Firostefani
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic in all respects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

WOW, great location, fantastic views, value for money, free wifi, great breakfast, sunny pool area, George and Pauline and their team made us feel so welcome.

Highly recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here in the fall of 2008 and had an amazing time. The location and view are beautiful. When we arrived, they brought us wine and grapes to enjoy as we sat on the deck by the pool and looked out over the water. The couple managing the hotel is very nice, organized and polite. The dinner they served was delicious as well. The rooms are clean and have what you need, though nothing special. You are wasting your time if you spend any time in them other than sleeping, given the view outside.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Staying for 5 days in santorini at villa ilias, has been a majestic time for me. I needed help find a bus tour and received the best help I could ever receive. The breakfast is amazing. Free wifi yay more yay if my iPhone battery lasts. Close to great restaurants like pirouni which I visit for lunch and dinner. The path to imerovigli and fira so close.

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here on the top floor with sweeping views of the caldera. My fiance and I stayed for 5 or 6 nights in August 2011 and still dream of going back. Perfect location, George and Pauline are the most excellent hosts (Being Greek myself, I know what great hospitality is). The food at brunch was great, pool was cool but we stayed on our veranda for most sunsets and got our own wine and food. If you go to Greece you have to see Santorini...The Villa Ilias is worth every penny and more.
Will be back next time I go to Greece to visit family.

Room Tip: Book one of the more deluxe rooms or just chill out on the pool terrace to watch the sunsets.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just stayed here for three nights. Really good value. Friendly owners. Excellent breakfast. The views are amazing and worth getting a balcony room.

Room Tip: email the owners to get special rates
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I took a trip to Greece and Turkey with my family and some relatives in June 2012. Santorini was our first stop and we had booked our stay at Villa illias. The great view and unmatched hospitality made this hotel a great choice. The rooms are quite small (specially for 3 people in one room) but the view of the Volcano just takes one's breath away. George and Pauline were great hosts and helped us with whatever we needed. The homely atmosphere of the hotel made it an even better place to stay in. Santorini is great and you can just go discover the whole island without being disappointed.

Basically, If you are looking for a big luxury hotel then this place is not for you. However, if you want to be in a cozy, clean and hospitable hotel with great views of the Caldera, Villa Illias is quite a topper. Hopefully Santorini will call me back soon, cuz I just love the place :D

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been returning to Villa Ilias for over 10 years. George, his wife, Pauline, and sister, Alexia make returning to Greece a warm, comfortable experience every year.

Their hotel is perched on the edge of the legendary volcanic caldera with fabulous views of the other hotels and houses that cascade and tumble down the steep volcanic walls and into the blue waters of the Aegean, as well as front row seats to the famous Santorini sunset!

I like the quiet location in Firostefani, which is located just a 15 minute walk north of Fira, the main town. The rooms are small but comfortable and very clean. For me, Santorini is about the view, the food, the people, the experiences, the memories. I do not go to stay inside the room except to sleep. If you want a fancy big suite, pay a ton more, and stay somewhere else.

The location is perfect with a mini market just down the pathway, crepe shop, restaurants, travel agent, bus stop. And it is quiet, not the busy atmosphere of Fira.
Marina prepares wonderful homemade breakfast dishes daily ( my favorite is the spinach pie) with the complimentary breakfast. I fell in love with Greek yogurt here and that black bread!

I love this hotel for its heartfelt Greek hospitality and excellent view and location. I have returned year after year and will continue to do so until I can not. Any questions, contact me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Villa Ilias? Share your experiences!