As most of my friends and family know, I do my due diligence when choosing an itineary as well as hotels when we travel. I did much research and some soul searching for our 3 days stay on Santorini. After traveling for almost 3 weeks all over Greece, we knew we wanted to relax at a luxury hotel on Santorini for the last leg of the trip. All reveiws, books, magazines, online sources told me to stay in Oia...where they said were the most beautiful sunsets.
I guess the tour book writers have never been to the Tsitouras Collection Hotel!
I went with my gut feeling after reading between the lines of reveiws which referred to owner, Eleni, has someone who gave her undivided attention and excellent service.
Not only did Firostefani have better sunsets, Tsitouras Collection, in my opinion, has the best on the entire island. (more later).
More importantly, we were greeted at the waterfront and since that moenet, were given the BEST service in one of the most amazing hotels in the world. The rooms are gorgeous, yet comfortabl(we had 2: Porcelan and Portaits). HUGE rooms. We had an incredible breakfast each morning, served onto our personal veranda--and we ate lunch at the pool once and it was GREAT food. Everyone who works there gave us excellent service, with a warm family-like feeling.
The pool is a new addition and what a great one. Beautiful, relaxing and has the best views.
My husband swears he received the best haircut across from the hotel from a local woman, the few restaurans in Firostefani were very good and there were NO crowds. They all were in Fira(wlaking distance) or in Oia(nice scenic drive).
SO HAPPY we chose this amazing boutique hotel....It was a perfect ending to an amzing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani