“Lovely food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were recommended to visit by our hotel and decided to head out to them on our first evening. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter, who brought out a whole tray of starters to show us what was available. I chose the aubergine and my husband the mushrooms, both of which were delicious. Next I had a lovely home cooked moussaka and salad and my husband the fish, which the waiter recommended. It was beautifully prepared and my husband was delighted with his choice. We drank local wine, which was a little too like retsina for my taste, but my husband liked it. The waiters were chatty and tolerated our pathetic attempts to try out our Greek on them. We were also given free dessert. For the meal and wine including a second jug, we paid €62 which was very good value for Fira. We look forward to returning later in the week.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
“Memorable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had a great time watching the World Cup game and eating great food at this restaurant! The staff was so friendly and playful, and the food was tasty and fresh. We were tired after a long day of sightseeing, but we felt right at home at this restaurant! Definitely a meal we will not forget!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A little piece of Greek heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a place, what a food, what a service.

First, the atmosphere - like a traditional and cozy Greek home. You're welcomed warmly and sincerely, you enjoy the friendly and genuine Greek hospitality.

The food. Mixed grill plate for two: reasonable priced, versatile and tasty mix of different kinds of meat, vegetables and fried potatoes. Got so overloaded, it was difficult to walk back to the hotel.

Tuna fillet: a pure pleasure. Grilled, beautiful fillets (2 of them) of tuna, fried potatoes and carrots. It was the best tuna I've eaten.

Beef steak: size of a plate, grilled steak, fried potatoes and carrots. I was told by the eater it was absolutely fabulous.

And the tzatsiki was also the best I've eaten. Ever.

Then the service. Very seldom you get so friendly and personal service you just have to go back. I feel bad I can't remember the gentleman's name who served us, but he's just a character you cannot forget. He's a wonderful and funny guy who makes the customer feel herself special. The young boy was also special and took very good care of us.

Overall, a great great place with a big and warm heart! And the bill - unbelievably small :)

Formigine, Italy
“Turistic but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had dinner twice there.
Nice terrace (eastbound).
Varied menu, both fish & meat.
Low prices compared to Santorini's average.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We agree with the positive reviews on Simos. A very friendly owner and a lovely young man waiting on us, we sat upstairs in the garden deck -- much to the chagrin of the cat where we chose to sit. The owner brought up a tray of examples of the appetizers, which helped us as we are not experts on Greek food (I note in another review that someone said this was touristy, but as Santorini exists on tourism for 7 months of the year it seems prudent for the owner to cater to tourists).

Our entrees were great. I have not been a big fan of zucchini flowers but my wife ordered them and they were sensational. We also had the tomato cakes, very tasty, and the squid salad. All good. For mains, one daughter had the schnitzel with mushrooms (probably a little too heavy on the mushrooms unless you are a major funghi fan), the other daughter had lamb chops which she enjoyed, and my wife and I had the mixed fish plate for 2, with calamari, swordfish, prawns and sea bass, which was excellent.
Without a doubt though, the "winner" of the night was our son, with the 'lamb in oven'. Falling of the bone and beautiful flavour.

The children were given free ice creams and we got a free local dessert as well. The owner also saved us money by suggesting the local house wine instead of the pricey bottle we had picked, and it was very nice.

As a final nice gesture, the owner gave my daughter a fresh paper table cover with the Santorini map on it that she really wanted. A great family dinner, great service and tasty food.

Visited July 2014