“Breathtaking!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 37, Firostefani 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Firostefani
“Breathtaking!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed at Dana Villa from December 4-7, 2013. Fantastic view, breakfast was very good, staff was great however this is not a place to stay if you have a hard time walking. There must be over 150 steps to go up and down to the breakfast area, the office or to the main road. The view is just breathtaking. Just wishes it would of been warmer…but we knew we were going during their winter month. Weather was between 10 and 14. Management were very helpful. They had complimentary shuttle from and to the airport which was great and a bellboy that helped with the luggages. A great memorable trip!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are volcano view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited Dana Villas in March of 2012 - at the beginning of the season. It was an outstanding choice. The people were incredible, the views to die for, and breakfast was simply delicious. We were within walking distance of many places on the island and so close to an ATV rental which we took to various beaches on the island. We have traveled all over the world (going to Mykonos, Cairo, Athens, and Abu Dhabi) on this same trip and this was undoubtedly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. We got a great deal on expedia due to being early in the season. My pictures from this trip and especially from this hotel are unbelievable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Essen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I were travelling to Santorini for the 3rd time. We love this Island with all ist natural beauty. This time we decided to stay at Dana Villas and I must say it was the best ever decision we could have made!!!
I'm thinking back right now and don't really know where to begin. The very warm and friendly welcome? The breathtaking view? The traditional but at the same time luxurious and spotless apartments? Everything was fantastic. The Restaurant with ist majestic view and lovely cousine, gives you tastes that makes you think of places of your dreams...
It was most probably the only time I was so upset when we had to depart. My wife wanted to capture with photographs even the moment we were at the front door of the hotel.
We absolutely loved it and our next trips to Santorini will be deffinetly coming soon and guess what. Dana Villas will be again Our home away from home!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Me and my husband had our wedding at Danas Hotel and then stayed there a couple of days. It was an amazing experience the whole place is breathtaking and the rooms are to die for! It has everything you need so you we didn´t really feel like leaving the hotel at all. Beautiful view, amazing and luxurious rooms, great food at their own restaurant, pool, jacuzzi and super friendly staff that became our friends right away.

I´ve been around the world and stayed at many different hotels and I am happy to say that Danas was my favorite stay and experience.

I recommend it with all my heart!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing! We stayed in the honeymoon suit and it was beautiful with its own veranda...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is my fifth trip to Santorini and my second stay at Dana Villas. Really enjoy the service especially that staff have been consistent on both my stays and the fact that they remembered me.
This year I travelled with mates and we love this spot as it is close enough to Fira to walk to the bars but quiet enough to have a good nights sleep and relax during the day.
It's clean, friendly and rooms are spacious and cool in the Sumer heat. It's reasonably priced and the pool is awesome.
I would suggest you go down to the pool early to ensure you get a lounge chair.
I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spartia, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Dana's Villas made our vacation memorable. Not only the spectacular view from our room but also the hotel itself. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The restaurant served high standard gourmet food. The jacuzzi area was yet another place to relax and enjoy the view. But what really made the difference was the staff. Their friendly smile and politness was incredible. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after it was recommended by some friends who got married at the hotel earlier in the year.
The hotel is beautifully positioned on the caldera with breathtaking views from our room, the restaurant and pool. We didn't make the trip to Oia for the sunset as advised by others as we thought the sunset from our room was just unbelievably gorgeous. This place is just like the postcards. White, with little walkways and everywhere you turn the view takes your breath away.
We found the staff friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The rooms are dug into the mountain so dark and cool for a good nights sleep.
I would suggest comfy shoes as there are plenty of steps to get to the pool and restaurant but once there you have no obstructions from the view and no need to go anywhere else as the pool bar and service has all you need. I have to say I actually enjoyed the thigh burn from the steps.
There is a mini market a short walk away and the main town is also only a 10 minute stroll.
Loved it so much. We have the most amazing pictures and memories.
I would not recommend to families as there are no protective barriers from the cliff and would be very dangerous for kids.

Room Tip: Call in advance and speak to reception first if you want a room closer to the pool to avoid the many...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dana Villas? Share your experiences!