“Would definately come back to friendly, clean and sweet Vila Fotini.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Fotini

You added Villa Fotini to your Saves list
Villa Fotini
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Fira, Santorini | Fira, Firostefani 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Firostefani B&B and Inns
London
“Would definately come back to friendly, clean and sweet Vila Fotini.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I loved my time in Santorini. The Vila Fotini was a small but affordable accomodation. The family were so friendly and would always greet us with a smile when we came home after the day! We could walk along a little path behind the hotel and would be 'amonst' it all within minutes.

There was a beautiful sunset spot literally 2 mins walk from the hotel. The accomodation was clean and we had our own little self contained kitchen which we could cook our breakfast etc which saved us money.

Would recommend Villa Fotini. It was cheap, clean and friendly. Couldn't ask for much more!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Actually, I was in this hotel in May 2008, but had forgotten to write a review, so I'm doing it now because I think there are so many worthless dumps out there that a pleasant surprise such as Vila Fotini deserves a break.

I stayed there for about 2 weeks in the low season, and I loved it. Firostefani is a short 10-minute walk to Fira, and if you go by the tiny streets facing the caldera, it's a totally enjoyable walk. The hotel is small, simple, but spotlessly clean and very pretty. It had been freshly painted, and I think that like many other hotels in Santorini, they refresh the paint at the beginning of every year's season. The rooms are very bright and airy. I read a previous review by an Italian guest complaining about the noise from the road, but I can say that with the windows closed (there is an A/C, and it was actually cold at night), the noise didn't bother me at all -- and I'm a light sleeper. There are small grocery stores very close, and having a mini-bar allowed me to keep cold snacks and beverages (delicious feta cheese and creamy Greek yogurt, yummm!...) in the room.

Another bonus is the fact that the bus that goes hourly to Oia stops right in front of the hotel, so it's very convenient if you want to go there to appreciate one of the world's most famous sunsets (just make sure you don't miss the last bus back!). I didn't use their partner hotel's pool because it was a bit cold, but in slightly warmer weather it would have been very nice.

The owners are courteous and kind, and they picked me up and took me back to the airport, even though I was the only guest in the van. Although the owner didn't speak much English, her son did so perfectly, and in any case she was always helpful and we could communicate somehow.

The included breakfast was simple (fresh bread, cake, orange juice, jam, butter and coffee), but tasty and filling. The only thing I would improve in this hotel, is that I would prefer real milk with the breakfast instead of artificial coffee creamer, but that's just a small detail. And at 20 euros per night, one cannot complain about such small things.

Another thing I liked was my room's vine-covered small veranda where I could sit in mid-afternoon when the sun outside was too strong to walk about, and peacefully read a book feeling the breeze and looking at the blue sea in the distance (in the direction opposite to the caldera -- lovely sunrise too!)

So all-in-all I highly recommend this place as a very affordable alternative if you want to have a peaceful and relaxed stay in swank Santorini without breaking the bank. It is not the luxury hotel many people associate with the island, but I think the simplicity and spareness makes it more authentically Greek in character. I love its unpretentious low-profile, and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is my second review for this hotel ... an update if you like as it has been more than a year since I stayed there.

I stayed for around five nights in early June and my friend stayed for eight nights. As the price was so reasonable we opted for separate rooms. It was early in the season so we were able to secure a fantastic price of 20 euros per night per room (this is for one person occupancy only - its 30+ euros for two people).

I stayed in the same room I reviewed last year and everything is the same. The plumbing could do with a little attention (toilet flushing was sometimes an issue, but not a bother really).

It was very hot during our stay and although the room was air conditioned, having plenty of windows was a bonus as the breeze was usually enough to cool down the room. Best of all use of the the pool and sunbeds at a hotel across the road were included in the price.

One thing I would add is that the reception is not manned continuously throughout the day although this didn't affect us (and this may have just been because business was quite). There is a mobile number posted on the front door in case you need to contact the owner.

We were collected at the port by the owner but they were not going to the port at the time of our departure (but did offer to take us 3 hours earlier).

I would definitely stay at Villa Fotini again. Photos attached.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Fotini? Share your experiences!