“Good food, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Good food, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We lucked into a table outside and the view was great. Looks like a busy restaurant. Typical salads and pastas on offer for the vegetarian. I had ravioli and salad. Food was good, sauce creamy, but not too rich. Nicely presented.

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Ok but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband was really disappointed with his calamari. My Greek salad was good. The service was not so great, but the view is nice.

Visited July 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Espectacular view, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We walked by this place everyday in our way to town, so one day we decided we were going to give it a try and see the sunset from the terrace.

We went for dinner and food was ok for us. The best thing was dessert - a chocolate lava cake - which for me it's kind of disappointing since you except local food to be the absolute highlight.

Still, overall it was a good experience. And you get and absolutely gorgeous view of the caldera for the sunset.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was staying at Vallas Apartments right behind Mama Thira for a week in June and on my first night, I thought I'd give it a try. The terrace overlooks the caldera and I decided to enjoy the sunset there. BUT, I had not noticed the dirty glass panes before I sat down and ordered. We were encased behind smudged glass and people had to get up to take pictures of the sunset. It kind of ruins the experience, in my opinion.

The food was good, the service was kind and fast, but the atmosphere was awful. The tables are very close to each other, it was uncomfortable. Maybe the layout inside the restaurant is better...

I grew to hate their terrace. Every night, a few rowdy patrons would ruin the calm for everyone in the area! It was sometimes impossible to go to bed until they closed. The staff seemed completely unconcerned by the loud drunks on their terrace. What a shame.

Also, there was a little dog that hung around there (I don't know if it belonged to the owners or neighbors) that would bark NONSTOP from 11 to 11:30, making guests speak so much louder.

I really enjoyed my food, the menu has interesting options and everything was fresh. They also serve Santorini Brewing Company beer, which is very good (Yellow Donkey, Red Donkey and Crazy Donkey). I'm sad that my experience was ruined by the awful terrace.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“A cozy restaurant right at the edge of the cliff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely views of the Kaldera and the opposite volcanic islands, rich menu, quiet environment and reasonable prices!

Visited September 2013