“Espectacular view, Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Espectacular view, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We walked by this place everyday in our way to town, so one day we decided we were going to give it a try and see the sunset from the terrace.

We went for dinner and food was ok for us. The best thing was dessert - a chocolate lava cake - which for me it's kind of disappointing since you except local food to be the absolute highlight.

Still, overall it was a good experience. And you get and absolutely gorgeous view of the caldera for the sunset.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was staying at Vallas Apartments right behind Mama Thira for a week in June and on my first night, I thought I'd give it a try. The terrace overlooks the caldera and I decided to enjoy the sunset there. BUT, I had not noticed the dirty glass panes before I sat down and ordered. We were encased behind smudged glass and people had to get up to take pictures of the sunset. It kind of ruins the experience, in my opinion.

The food was good, the service was kind and fast, but the atmosphere was awful. The tables are very close to each other, it was uncomfortable. Maybe the layout inside the restaurant is better...

I grew to hate their terrace. Every night, a few rowdy patrons would ruin the calm for everyone in the area! It was sometimes impossible to go to bed until they closed. The staff seemed completely unconcerned by the loud drunks on their terrace. What a shame.

Also, there was a little dog that hung around there (I don't know if it belonged to the owners or neighbors) that would bark NONSTOP from 11 to 11:30, making guests speak so much louder.

I really enjoyed my food, the menu has interesting options and everything was fresh. They also serve Santorini Brewing Company beer, which is very good (Yellow Donkey, Red Donkey and Crazy Donkey). I'm sad that my experience was ruined by the awful terrace.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“A cozy restaurant right at the edge of the cliff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely views of the Kaldera and the opposite volcanic islands, rich menu, quiet environment and reasonable prices!

Visited September 2013
Imerovigli, Greece
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was perfect, they have a big menu so just ask them to recommend you some dishes. The seafood we tried was wonderful, fresh and well presented. The view of the caldera is just as good as the food. The people who work there are very kind and helpful. Its worth going 100%.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely food & cocktails, nice clean restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went to Mama Thira on recommendation from one of the locals working in our hotel. We had a nice table at sunset overlooking the Caldera. Average cocktail was around 12EUR, made with fresh ingrediants, very good. Food was fresh also and came fairly quickly, it was delicious. I had the seafood rissotto, portions were small but high quality leaving just enough room for desert. Service was excellent, waiters were top class and entertained the baby whist waiting for the food.

Go there, one of the top restaurants in Firostefani.

• Visited July 2014