“Nothing could be finer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lithies Traditional Homes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Firostefani
Lithies Traditional Homes
You added Lithies Traditional Homes to your Saves list
Firostefani, Greece   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgia
“Nothing could be finer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This has to be the most glorious accommodations I have ever experienced. I am traveling with my brother and sis-in-law so thought this sounded unbelievable and perfect for the 3 of us. We had 2 separate bedrooms each with its own spacious sitting area and bathroom. We also had a spacious & well equipped kitchen with a washing machine. Our private patio overlooking the caldron was breathtaking. Go to their website and see for yourself. Everything that is listed on their website is the truth. Maria was so charming and always made sure we were well taken care of. She worked so hard taking care of us. Loved the sunset wine and snacks as well as the unbelievable breakfast made to our specifications. Thanks to Anna & Tommy too. This was a hard place to leave. We stayed in the Dione house which is beautifully decorated including the pottery and ceramic pieces by Andreas Alefragis. We had the pleasure of meeting him at his studio near by. Ask Maria for directions to his studio.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our extended family of 12 spent 10 days, occupying all four houses in this beautiful complex of cave houses cut into the side of the Caldera on Santorini. Each of the houses is charming and well-equipped. In Santorini style, they are painted white with blue trim, and have a stunning view of the Caldera and other islands. From our explorations around Santorini it became clear that this was one of the nicest places to stay.

On top of the accommodation and the location, we cannot praise enough the delightful care provided by Maria, her husband and daughter Anna. We strongly endorse the comments of other reviewers. The ambience offered by Lithies, the welcome, and Maria's attention to detail are in a class of its own.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived yesterday and have 6 more days of nothing but paradise! Maria and her daughters are SO welcoming and when you walk in to your rooms, it's a total "wow" factor. You won't want to leave. Every detail is well thought out, breakfast is served beautifully. Cannot recommend it enough!

Room Tip: No fitness centre but the steps are a good enough workout!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely time staying at Lithies, I couldn't get over the view and it was it in quiet area away from all the tourists. The home was stunning and had everything we needed and more. Anita was a fantastic host and made us feel at home straight away! The breakfast was also incredible.

• Stayed August 2013
Perthshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at lithies for a heavenly seven nights. Santorini is a beautiful island and lithies is perfectly positioned. Maria the manageress works so hard keeping the rooms and facilities spotlessly clean and ensuring your every need is met. She welcomed us from the taxi on arrival and hugged us goodbye on our departure we felt we had made a friend and long to return very soon.

Room Tip: All lovely rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a fantastic stay in Lithies early June. I stayed in the "smallest" house, Eros, as a solo traveller. It's a traditional cave house, large and airy, big lounge, bedroom and lovely bathroom with a jacucci bath, great shower and a big comfy bed with masses of pillows! Loads of lovely soft towels, bathrobe, shower gels, pool towels all provided. The kitchenette is well stocked with utencils should you choose to use them, I didn't really use it apart from making coffee and tea. There is loads of space provided for each house outside, dining table and sun loungers, however as I was the only one staying I had the whole place to myself !! For me, Eros house was well situated as it gets lovely evening sunshine from its patio area with fantastic views. That said all the houses have great patio facillities and views. It was also great to have a pool to jump into after a long hot day sightseeing and cool off. There are supermarkets and restaurants close by, a few minutes walk away. And then there is the lovely Maria, who is such a great hostess and looked after me so well, providing information, directions, recommendations and great conversation throughout my stay. Thank you Maria for everything. All in all a wonderfull stay and I would highly recommend Lithies.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but as a solo traveller Eros is perfect
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having experienced a long wet winter in the Netherlands, this accomodation made everything better. I stayed in the Dione house with some friends and upon arrival we were blown away with the beautifully decorated appartment with its fantastic view, and even better, the sunsets you get to experience every night while enjoying a glass of wine. The rooms are spacious, air-conditioned and offer everything one needs during a vacation. Breakfast is fantastic with a whole range of choices to choose from everyday. But to top it off, Maria, the manager of this accomodation, is the most welcoming and helpful person I have ever met. With my luggage staying behind in Amsterdam, Maria went out of her way to assist in any manner possible, even driving to the Santorini airport to see how she can assist to get my luggage back. Furthermore, she knows so much about the island and can recommend some really fantastic places to visit and restaurants to eat out at, and they are all really good!! I cannot think of one negative thing to say about Lithies. My friends and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed our stay. This is definitely a place that I plan to come back to! Thanks to Lithies and Maria for the super hospitality!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lithies Traditional Homes? Share your experiences!