I stayed in the Minoa Palace Resort & Spa for 5 nights in the end of the June 2013 during attending a conference.
The welcome at the reception was friendly and professional; checking in was fast.
The hotel is divided into two parts, an upper and a lower part. The lower part is situated directly next to the hotel-beach and can be reached from the upper part by a bridge connecting the two complexes. The beach was clean and inviting.
The staff was very friendly during all my stay and there was really good service during breakfast.
Breakfast was of very good quality with local specialties from Crete/Greece but also with some standards, like egg and bacon, etc.
The room was big and had everything that one needs in a resort. The bed was comfortable and the airconditioning worked fine. One was welcomed with fruits and water in the room. The room provided a safe, TV, kettle, minibar, couch, balcony with table and chairs.
The bathroom was sufficiently large and had a bathtub that was also used as a shower.
The pool areas were clean and invited to relax. Overall cleanliness of the complex as well as of the rooms was very satisfying and there is nothing to complain about!
The hotel and pool bars were very good equipped and the waitresses/waiters were very friendly and professional as well.
The food in the hotel was of good quality (at least the food that was served during conference dinner). Otherwise the main street with a lot of restaurants (of different quality) can be reached by foot in 5 to 10 minutes. It is to mention that mostly scandinavians and finnish people travel to this spot and thus don't be surprised to meet an armada of tall, blond people.
All in all the Minoa Palace Resort & Spa is a great place if you want to relax and I can recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minoa Palace Resort & Spa hotel offers majestic views of its surrounding countryside and the White Mountains. To the north, the hotel enjoys panoramic views of the endless beach of Platanias with the shimmering sapphire blue Aegean beyond. With the extension of the hotel in 2008, guests have immediate access to the beach, over the aerial bridge, connecting the two hotel's sections. The luxury and comfort, combined with the attention to detail and the relaxed atmosphere, provide a holiday to remember for a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Minoa Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minoa Palace Resort And Spa
- Minoa Palace Platanias
- Minoa Palace Hotel Platanias
- Minoa Palace Resort & Spa Platanias, Crete - Chania