“Taverna romantika” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Taverna romantika”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have eaten there twice this week. Great good and excellent service. The mixed grill was awesome. The views over the coast are worth a visit alone. Angela and Richie

Manchester, United Kingdom
“nice view shame about the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant is in a really good location with lovely views.

The food and service less lovely; we ate there as a couple, my meal was ok but my partner had ordered fillet stake which when it arrived was very fatty.
At first we didn’t want to send it back being very British an’ all, however; my partner decided that we should say something but ended up wishing he hadn’t.
The waiter was quite rude and because I had finished my meal by the time we actually got someone over to us we said we didn’t want a replacement meal but they just brought out another meal and made us feel like we had committed the worst crime ever.

It was a real shame about our experience there as the restaurant was in such a pretty place.
We wouldn’t go there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Watford
“Frank Lampard!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If your a Chelsea fan or not it is worth visitng this taverna. Set between the 2 small villages of Piskopiano & Koutouloufari in Crete. The taverna has fantastic views oout to sea. Frank junior lookalike (Antonios) is there at the entrance to welcome you. Although we did not eat there for a few nights, each time we would walk past Frank would say good evening, did you have a nice day, such a pleasant young man that we decided to eat there on our 4th night. It did help with the specials board outside advertising a mixed fish plate of 5 varying fish types, rice, vegtabales jacket potatoe with either fruit salad for desert or a choice of Raki or Oozo for 12 euros. My wife and I are big eaters & strongly believe in a starter (each) to begin with. As my wife is not too keen on fish we opted for the mixed grill for 2. Consits of Pork Souvlaki, grilled chicken breast, lamb chops, sausages and chicken gyros, along with rice, chips,jacket potatoe with butter. I hope you belive me when I say I am glad for once we did NOT order a starter. The meal was absolutely fantastic, very tasty and very very filling - as you would imagine for a mixed grill. Desert we had the fruit. Again we could have had Raki or Oozo. We enjoyed our meal so much we did go back on our last night for the same meal again & to say goodbye to Frank. Please, if you are in the area do pay a visit you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, UK
“Cheap food but lots of it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you want 'quantity' and not 'quality' then this place is for you. My husband had the mixed grill and he LOVED it. I on the other hand had the mixed Greek Meze and felt a little sick afterwards! The food - stuffed vine leaves, meatballs, mousaka, etc - all seemed to have been heated up in a microwave to me. Nothing lovingly prepared at all and probably all out of tins / packets! The house wine was undrinkable - very lacking in body and really quite thin. We did not complain as my husband had enjoyed his meal and the wine and maybe I am just a little more fussy (!) but I would not return to this restaurant. The waiter was probably the first person in Crete to not be overly friendly and we had to actually ask him for a coffee etc - he didn't once come to us to ask if we wanted anything else to drink or eat. I was really disappointed by the whole experience and wished we had gone elsewhere as there are so many lovely tavernas in Koutouloufari to choose from that I felt we had wasted an evening here. Certainly not to my liking - the food, the people, the wine, the whole atmosphere was very lacking. Sorry!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
kent
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our third holiday in Piskopiano and the first time we had visited this Taverna. We tried it because we saw they did a fish meze/meal. The food was superb and plentiful and the service was good. We visited a second time and had another lovely meal, will visit again when we next return to Piskopiano.

• Visited May 2013