We stayed here in September 2009 for a week.
Despite some rainy weather (unusual for Crete in Sept) we had a fantastic time.
The hotel is only 20 minutes from the airport (Heraklion) The slope/steps up to the entrance are fairly steep, but there were some older guests at the hotel who managed it fine!
The location is lovely and quiet, away from the beach/noisy areas, but very close to a wide selection of bars and restaurants/tavernas and between three lovely villages.
The hotel itself is in Piskopiano. Old Hersonnisos is a fifteen minute stroll away. On Monday nights they have Greek dancing in the square, so you can sit outside one of the m any restaurants and be entertained! It is very busy though, so it is advisable to get there about 6.30pm to get a table!
The hotel was very clean - the apartments were luxurious for Greece. Having been to Greece many times before, these hotel apartments were spacious. We had a lovely view and could not hear any of our neighbours. Our apartment had a large lounge with sofas, tv, coffee table. There was a well equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar. When we got there there was complimentary wine and mineral water. The bedroom was large with a double bed, wardrobes, dressing table and aircon. The bathroom had a brilliant powershower, jacuzzi bath and looked very modern.
The maid service was excellent. They came in every day except Sunday. We could have clean towels whenever we wanted.
The family running the hotel were lovely and friendly. We didn't feel the need to spend much time away from the hotel. We went out for dinner each evening and often ended up at hte hotel bar until the early hours. Dejan the barman, was very welcoming, friendly and chatty.
The hotel included a full breakfast in the tariff. This was excellent. There was some hot food, but also fresh bread, cheese, meats, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries, coffee, tea and fruit juice every morning from 8.30 - 10.30. This is v unusual for Greece.
The pool was lovely too - very clean and very deep! There were plenty of sunbeds available ev ery day.
We will definitely be going back. Brilliant holiday!
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Amazones Village Hotel
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.