Our experience chimes with some of the other feedback. The setting was ideal for us and the pool area is excellent and perfect for chilling out. The area was always reasonably quiet which was as well as our suite was right by the pool and dining area. The bar service is very good and the drinks are reasonably priced.
Our accommodation (Suite H2) was spacious and reasonably well appointed. However, there were problems with the room service. There was no room service on the Sunday of our stay. The bed linen was not changed during our stay (6 nights) and the towels were only changed once, at our request. The bath was not sealed so there was a small flood on the bathroom floor whenever we had a shower. We spent a lot of time drying bath mats and towels. The bed quilt was old and shabby. In addition, the air-conditioning was only available for an extra charge of 8 euros per day.
The food was adequate but was definitely not four star. There was limited choice and the hot dishes were luke-warm at best. A member of the breakfast staff was usually smoking.
A spa was advertised but there didn't seem to be one and the gym was basic to say the least.
We are most unhappy with the reception we were given on arrival. Our outbound flight was delayed by fifteen hours. We made two phone calls to notify the hotel of our situation. However,when we arrived at the hotel, extremely tired and stressed, we were told that our room had been relet by some automatic booking system. After waiting for some time without any words of comfort, we were offered accommodation in a nearby hotel, with access to the facilities of the Amazones. When we made clear that we would not be happy with this arrangement, we were suddenly offered a suite in the Amazones and were eventually shown to Suite H2. Not the ideal start to our holiday which was only seven days. Our rating of poor for service is based on this experience. Other aspects of the service were satisfactory or good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete