We have just returned from a week at Amazones Village Suites. We stayed in a garden view suite which was good for the money however would really benefit from an update as some of the furniture and plenishings were past their best - namely the bedding and bedroom furniture. The pool area was lovely with stunning views out to the sea and close-by Hersonissos.
One of the downsides to this hotel was the food. We stayed half-board and although breakfast was enjoyable - albeit the same everyday- dinner was a huge disappointment. Every dish was cold and even going at half 7( when dinner is firstly available) did not seem to solve this problem. We were not the only guests to think this as many held the same views and some people even complained to Katarina (the manager). Luckily there are many lovely restaurants nearby so eating out was not a problem.
The hotel really benefits from the presence of Dimitri who it appears is left to do almost everything, and the barman (Nico however i may be mistaken) was also great fun and his cocktails were fabulous!
As other reviewers have pointed out Katarina really should improve her attitude if she wants people to return to the hotel.
Overall i did enjoy my stay however some improvements should be made for it to deserve the 4 star rating that it has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awaken to the Mediterranean of your dreams at Amazones Village Suites. Set atop an ocean bluff, with majestic views over sparkling blue waters and neighbouring Hersonissos beyond, this lushly landscaped Cretan 4-star boutique hotel was once a rock. Relax in the most spacious, beautifully appointed suites in the Cretan Sea, where designer furnishing and terraces summon the feel of a small private vacation home. From dazzling bbq parties to a romantic dinner for two, our helpful personal service will see to your every need. Designed in a subtly elegant, comfortable style, this cherished Cretan luxury hotel offers a truly unforgettable destination for romantic retreats, golf, cultural escapes or fun family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Amazones Village Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazones Village Hotel Piskopiano
- Hotel Amazones Village
- Amazones Village Suites Piskopiano, Crete