“Another great visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Chatel B&B and Inns
Lake district UK
“Another great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went to Chatel with a neighbour and my brother skiing last week. We went back after last years visit and we were not disappointed. We were in the main hotel this time rooms lovely simple rooms with ensuit and nice beds.
The food here is outstanding by any measure, portions are generous too.
As for the company Rob and his team are brilliant
I am hoping we get back there next year!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

It’s over 12 years since I first discovered this gem - I returned this year for a weekend stay and was not disappointed. Le Renard is a hotel with a great chalet ambiance, so you really feel you’re in the mountains. Comfortable rooms, excellent food and a fantastic friendly team – 2 days was not enough – à la prochaine

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Thaks for a great stay to Rob and his team, and of course Shadow.

Once again the food and atmosphere were excellent for my stay from Jan8th till 20th January, and hopefully will see you all again in March.

PS, big thanks for arranging the cloudless skies for practically the whole trip.

Cheers

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was the 4th year that i have stayed at the Renard over the New Years and have to say as always had a great time. This is mainly due to the warm, friendly and very welcoming staff. The great location (only 5mins walk to Le Linga), hot tub and absolutely amazing food is the reasons i go back.
The rooms are all of a similar size have plenty of space and nice clean bathrooms which have never run out of hot water unlike some ski resorts which i have stayed at. The bar area is great of for a apres ski beer and downstairs has 2 tis with all the entertainment you could need (sky,dvd,Wii,etc).
Thanks for another amazing holiday.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Many thanks Rob for a great stay. We stayed with our 2 families with 8 teenage kids and everyone had a ball. The food was excellent and your half-board deal including wine was brilliant value. The kids particularly enjoyed the room service hot chocolates to the hot tub. The bumper snow was a bonus. I'm still not sure how you organised that! Also thanks for your great recommendations for transfers and ski lessons. Regards to all your lovely staff.
Hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here with 7 friends to celebrate various 40th birthdays and what a good decision that proved to be. I got in touch with Rob (owner) via a ski forum and he proved extremely helpful throughout the booking process. He put me in touch with a transfer firm (Magic Transfers) and ski/boot hire place (Vertical Horizons) and both proved reasonable as well as providing an excellent and efficient service.
The Linga lift is only a short walk away from the Renard or there is easy access to the two other Chatel lifts via a free and regular bus service. We went in January and the skiing was excellent with fresh snow falling every night, which always helps.
The Chatel region proved more than sufficient for us as we only went for a short break but there were excellent links to the whole of the Portes du Soleil region if you have the time to go a little further afield.
After a long days skiing we would spend several hours in the bar of the Hotel. We could have used the free Tunnel Bar Minibus to take us into town but with the food and service being as good as it is at the Renard there really wasnt any need.
The food deserves a special mention as it was superb. Clean plates were guaranteed when the 8 of us sat down. What I would say is make sure you are hungry and you will not be disappointed.
We will hopefully be back again next year. Thanks again to all at the Renard and apologies to Room 1 if we enjoyed ourselves a little too much for your liking.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I will never forget Rob & James for their kindness to my husband MANY years ago who had a brain injury . Every time I come to my apartment in Chatel - 2/3 times a year I visit Le Renard for an excellent meal served professionally which you would expect with Rob's high standard & training ,also he has a good choice of wines & all aspects reasonably priced also the atmosphere in the restaurant & bar is very good.
Just before Christmas I asked Rob to make a birthday cake for a 17yr old who I had brought with my grandson to do some pre- Christmas skiing -- the cake was amazing nothing like I would have made -- different little dishes of desserts , happy birthday around the edge of the plate plus a sparkler -- thank you Rob -- Harry was chuffed to pieces . We are coming this year again.
Veronica Roper