We, a family with 2 kids aged 13 and 17, stayed here for a full week of skiing. We stayed in room 19 and 22. Room 19 is small and has a tiny bathroom, but with a shower, toilet and sink in it. Room 22 is the one in the top of the hotel. This room is slightly bigger and has a separate bathroom. The beds were not really comfortable either, giving all of us some restless nights. Both rooms are on streetside.
Location of the hotel isn't great either. It is uphill to get to the village center where the ski-lift is. This is only about 700 meters, but walking that on skiboots....However, there is a busstop next to the hotel. About every 30 minutes the bus drives you to the village center where you can take the lift, or step in another bus to Linga or Pre la Joux, the other ski-areas of Chatel.
I would not recommend to hire a car though, as mentioned in a previous review. It will take you as long as the bus and you'll have to walk far from the parking to the lifts. And it pollutes the fresh air!
That were the negatives about this hotel. The positives:
- very friendly staff. Owner Marie is a really charming lady, whom brings a good atmosphere in the hotel. Supported by Benoit the waiter and the 2 young lady waiters.
- good food. The chef makes out of the standard dishes a delightful meal. Most of the time we had a 4 course diner with in the middle of the week a fondue/raclette evening.
- parking. Lots of parking places, even during this busy week, either next to the hotel or at -1.
- ski room. Large and easy accessible.
Still, I would not recommend this hotel to a friend, for the 2 reasons mentioned at the beginning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roitelet is located at the edge of Chatel ski resort, near the village centre and the ski lifts. It offers free Wi-Fi access and chalet-style accommdation. Most rooms at Le Roitelet have a private balcony overlooking the Alps. They are all ensuite and have a TV. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast and regional cuisine at the Roitelet's restaurant. It features a terrace with panoramic mountain views, where meals can be served during the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Logis le Roitelet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.