“I'll be back...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Oosterbeek, The Netherlands
“I'll be back...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

It’s on a regular basis that we visit this region of France and enjoy the many things it has to offer. And it’s at the end of many a day of more or less touristic activities we found ourselves around a table at Le Caveau. Its the very good use of regional products, the relaxed ambiance together with a staff who’s main concern seems to be that you have a good time...all these things make Le Caveau a must each time we stay in this part of France. And let’s not forget the outside facilities ...a terrace yes but still a cosy place to be. Almost like an “ ile flottant “ on the main square , this is a one of a kind place to enjoy a nice meal in the sun. Oh, and in case you have some questions about which wine to chose....eh... just ask and find out ! ......

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wollongong, Australia
“A Hidden Gem of Character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Montreuil was a gorgeous gem, found by my sister in her travels around France.
Le Caveau is on the main square so very central and easy to find.
It was quite cold and windy so we didn't sit outside, but what we did get was a table in the cellar.
What a great atmosphere.
Being a cheese lover, I went straight for the Welsh Jamon.... to be honest I didn't enjoy it.
It was a piece of ham and bread in a dish covered with cheese, with more bread to dip.
It was death by cheese.... couldn't face the stuff for another week after that.
The other meals had by the rest of the table were well portioned and tasty so don't judge the whole place by my meal.
Would I give it another visit... by all means, but .... I would not order any of the 'Welshies'

• Visited June 2012