“What a nice hotel owned by my new friend.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residencial El Valle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Residencial El Valle
You added Hotel Residencial El Valle to your Saves list
Ave. Central, Frente a Super Centro Yin | 100 metros antes del mercado de artesanias, El Valle de Anton 1001, Panama   |
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“What a nice hotel owned by my new friend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was impressed greatly by the owner who was so willing to please his guests. The hotel was in the center of town and the information was free given by the owner. What more could you ask for. Best in El Valle de Anton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
La Rochelle, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Good but nosy hotel : you are on the main road so you got a lot of noise
+ : Tv + Hot shower + free wifi
- : No restaurant, no breakfast

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking for a great place to stay in El Valle and we luckily found this place. It was clean, the showers were hot, the location was perfect, we could walk to all the main attractions and the owner was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Western MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I am a senior solo traveler, and wish I had found this lovely hotel earlier in my visit to Panama. Why?
1. Anton Valley is cool and surrounded by mountain peaks. It is in a crater of an extinct volcano.
2. The Residencial is inexpensive, artistic and very comfortable.
3. Enrique, (I assume the owner) speaks some English and is a kind gentleman.
4. You don't need a car. Good restaurant downstairs and more within walking distance.
5. Great open market nearby.
I felt very at home here-highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed four nights in Residencial El Valle and found it excellent value. There is a variety of rooms, all painted in different colours and lovingly decorated. The ones on the lower floor are tiled and cheaper than the upstairs rooms, which have wooden floors and are a little more spacious. I moved upstairs after the first night because of the street noise - there are many trucks passing through the center of El Valle, so if you are a light sleeper, you better not choose a street view room. Enrique, the owner, was very helpful. He showed me a couple of the quiet upstairs rooms to choose from and offered a discount - I finally paid 35 USD for a room that is usually rented for 49 USD. The place is spotless and very well kept. As the owner said, they refresh the painting every year. I could observe that rooms were being constantly refurbished and improved. What I liked most is that all the wooden decoration and even the furniture is made in a workshop downstairs. There is WiFi-access in a sitting area on the second floor. You can rent bicycles, chill in a hammock on the terrace and keep your food in fridge right there. If there was a kitchen for the guests, this place would be really perfect. For eating I recommend the nearby restaurante Santa Librada with good seafood dishes - or the Colombian run Taco and Hamburger stall in front of the market. They will be happy to prepare you a vegetarian snack as well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

This hotel was so wonderful - it was clean and beautiful, friendly staff, great terrace with hammocks, free coffee. The rooms were so sweet - very cozy and well decorated (blue-blue walls, nice artwork); my private (hot water) bath was fantastic. The whole hotel is extremely clean and well cared for. Laundry service offered (dried in dryer) for $4. I was there in low season and alone, so they gave me a lower price on the room (I paid $40). There were frogs at night, but loud traffic in the morning. The only drawback, no screens on the windows, though there were not too many mosquitoes. The hotel is right between two restaurants and there are plenty more down the street. They kindly provided me with a map upon arrival and pointed out anything I might want to do/see. Really, this place had the best service and was the overall nicest place I stayed in all of my 3 week Panama adventure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Hudson, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was only sorry that we were staying there just one night! The rooms were charming, with painted scenes above the doors and in the bathroom, a community refrigerator on the AWESOME outside deck with hammocks and one of a kind wooden furniture. The beds were very comfortable and the food that we had for breakfast was great, along with the great juice. Make sure you try the chicken stew for lunch....$3 and it was great. If you are looking for some 5 star hotel, this is not it (this is not a derrogatory statement). The location is great, across from the supermarket and within feet of the fruit market. My son and I wanted to stay in a local type of hotel and we were not disappointed!

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Hotel Residencial El Valle? Share your experiences!