“Not good. Friendly does not make a hotel room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residencial El Valle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Residencial El Valle
You added Hotel Residencial El Valle to your Saves list
Ave. Central, Frente a Super Centro Yin | 100 metros antes del mercado de artesanias, El Valle de Anton 1001, Panama   |
Calgary, Canada
“Not good. Friendly does not make a hotel room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

They were very nice and accommodating when we arrived. We had a reservation for about 2 weeks out. They took us to our room which was tiny and asked if this was okay? Dumb question if you have another or better room at the same price why not give the better room on a reservation. We were at the front of the building. Very noisy. We arrived at 7:00 at night so we went straight to dinner and to bed. No chair in the room black mold on the ceiling. Checked out th next day paid 55.00 walked across the street to Hotel Pekin received a room more than twice the size sparking clean throughout the building with full hotel service shampoos slippers the works for 40.00 tax in.

Room Tip: The listed room rates in town can be bargained on in low season.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hrvalle, Propietario at Hotel Residencial El Valle, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
This couple had reservations for two nights at our hotel. They arrived one day early and stated that they were Pensionados and requesting the discount. They were answered that we Honored the Pensionado Low. However when they registered they did not pass the Jubilado Card. The goberment sign stating the law was posted and read by them. They were advised that if they wished to obtain Pensionado Status we could assist them with this. They saw the room and expressed satisfation without hesitation. The next day they said they wished to check out because they were going to travel to Santa Clara for the rest of their trip. At no time did they express dissatisfaction with our accommodation . There is no " Black mold ¨in this hotel. They were free to refuse the room at any time and repeatedly lying was not necessary.
We value our Guests and wish them to be Happy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed only one night as a stopover from Pedasi to Panama and couldn't have been happier. Wanted to get to El Valle, wished we had more time but the schedule didn't permit. In addition we didn't want to drive directly from Pedasi to Panama in one stretch so this made a good side trip. El Valle needs more than an afternoon, overnight and morning to properly explore this part of Panama, but if that is what you need, this hotel was perfect. Located right in town, the clean simple room was comforatable and convenient to all attractions. The staff was great, go and explore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patterson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in early December while touring Panama and are very happy that we did. We had a room upstairs with a view of the mountains and took advantage of the huge patio and hammocks outside our door. Great vantage point to have a local run in the evening after a day of exploring. Enrique and his family/staff were very helpful and accommodating with questions about local activities and restaurants.

Room Tip: We liked being upstairs adjacent to the deck which has a fridge, microwave, and View of the mountain...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is very nice, and the price is reasonable.

We got the corner room on the top floor with a view of the mountains. It was beautiful.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. The hot water works great!

Enrique, the owner, is very nice and courteous. He's a good business man.

We were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

For 55$ a night, you get a comfortable room, with first class service: your bed linen is completely changed every other day, and every day, your shower is thoroughly cleaned and so is the floor. The social area is also well maintained and very pleasant (with fridge and micro wave as other travelers said). What else can you ask for? We were on the second floor, in a room overlooking the main Street and with view on the mountains. The only downside was that the wooden floorboards creaked badly and when other guests rushed up and down the staircase, which was in front of our room, it was very noisy and woke us up.
Apart from that, this hotel is perfect and highly recommendable and a good starting point for visiting El Valle. The staff is extremely friendly too. It's by far the best budget hotel I've stayed in ! Oh and I forgot to say that the shower was hot and the water had pressure !

• Stayed January 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

On having looked at a few places in El Valle I decided on this one based on the terrace alone. Hugh space to sit in day or night (as it's covered) with views of the mountains and the goings on in town. My room was on the side and relatively quiet. A few seconds away from the supermarket and bus stop and everything else you may need is close by. Fan in the room was fine as El Valle is chilly at night (compared to Panama City). I would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Fort McMurray, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. I arrived on Christmas Day and the owner Enrique even arranged for one of his staff to pick me up at the Royal Decameron Resort at my request, for half what a resort taxi would have cost me. I loved the atmosphere at this little hotel - very friendly and casual. The room was smallish but fine for me. The fan was enough to keep you comfortable, but many times if I sat out in the hammock in the common area, I would leave my room door open for the breeze or my room would get too stuffy - so AC would have been nice too. I loved the large common area and I used the fridge in the common area to keep snacks from the local super-mini and no one touched my things. Just remember it is a budget place for a short term stay. Initially I booked for all 7 nights here but after 2 nights I was bored and ready to go - I ended up going in to Panama City for my last 3 nights there. If they had a swimming pool here - I would have stayed the whole 7 days no problem because it is just so beautiful and peaceful in El Valle.

Room Tip: On the back is a little less noisy - it is right on the main road so the buses and trucks can get a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Residencial El Valle? Share your experiences!