“Good location, beds not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Anton Valley Hotel

You added Anton Valley Hotel to your Saves list
Anton Valley Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Principal | Frente a la Iglesia de San Jos, El Valle de Anton, Panama   |
Panama City, Panama
“Good location, beds not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location is great, the owners are really nice (food excellent), but the beds are small and really uncomfortable and the room really small...also, no hot water. The reason to stay here was that there was Internet in the rooms (the only hotel in the area), but the Internet was down during our whole stay, which defeated the whole purpose of staying here. Unfortunate.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Victor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Loved this place. Although we did not stay in one of the rooms. Our meal was so good the first night, we returned the second night. It was just as tastey as the first.
Loved the decor. Was expecially fond of a bass wooden fish hanging on the wall.
Asked if I could buy it. The owner said his wife would have his head in her hands if he did!
Posted below is the fish at cafe. Also is the one my husband just made for me! Now I will always think of this wonderful little town and cafe when I look at my own wooden bass.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just spent 4 restful nights at the Anton ValleyHotel and couldn’t have been happier. Our room with a double bed had a balcony, was very clean with a small bathroom. The staff was friendly, left us decorations on the bed and gave us rides to the attractions. Its a good value for the reasonable price. Mario is the one to talk to if your Spanish isn't up to speed. We sent an email to the hotel to make the reservations but the reply wasn’t clear. So we called and that worked perfectly.

Room Tip: choose room 12 or 16 for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights mid week while visiting el Valle. The rooms were nice with a comfortable bed and a small balcony. The bathroom was small but ok for a short stay. We couldn't get the tv to work

El Valle is a nice location for a couple of days but we did most of the sights in a single day. Our biggest issue was everything on the town is closed on Wednesday night apart from 2 awful restaurants. Other nights when things are open there is a lot of choice so just avoid Wednesday. We found a small wine bar behind the Peking hotel that's worth a visit. Owned by a friendly French guy it's a nice place to hang out

On returning to our hotel at 2300 we were locked out!! Big problem and meant we had to scale the spiked railings to get to our room. None of our keys worked for gates and main door. I would stay here again but not on a Wednesday

• Stayed March 2013
Elahuizen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Although the twin bedded room was a bit small (which we were informed about when making our last-minute reservation) we were happy with it. Good beds , clean bathroom with hot water, fan and a fridge. The only inconvenience is that the fridge is rather loud. But it did not stop us from sleeping very well. We can certainly recommended this hotel during your visit to El Valle de Anton.

• Stayed February 2013
Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. The only reason for visiting would be the excellent restaurant and if you want to go through this to enjoy your next hotel more.
The rooms were very small, no place for luggage around the bed...And the walls of the rooms are so thin that you can hear everything from your neighbour.
Their website looks great, but that is a beautiful dream compared with the real situation. This is not more than a one star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I tried to stay at Anton Valley Hotel in January of 2013. I had realized that the weekend we were going to stay there was a long weekend due to the holiday. I knew that it would be busy so I made reservations well before we got there. I made it very clear to the lady on the other line that I wanted to stay two nights. When I got there I was told that I only had made reservations for one night. I said fine, I will just pay for tomorrow night also. They told me that they were full and couldn't give me a room. The customer service at the desk was very slow and acted as if they didn't even care if I got a room or not. Overall a very bad experience and if I come back to El Valle I will definetly not stay here.

Stayed January 2013

Been to Anton Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!