“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Golden Frog Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
The Golden Frog Inn
Calle Las Veraneras #22, El Valle de Anton 1001, Panama   |
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at the golden frog inn in November 2012. The owners were great and made us feel like we were family. They also gave us great advice on what to do and see in El Valle. The rooms are really nice, clean, and the kitchen is convenient. The inn is a bit away from town but it has the benefit of being peaceful and quiet. It was the most relaxing part of our trip and I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The owners are great and super helpful. Wonderful happy hour. Beds are very comfortable. It is has great views and peace and quiet, yet it is close to the town and many hiking opportunities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at The Golden Frog Inn in March 2012 after our travel plans changed on short notice. We stayed in one of the larger units with a kitchen (very nice!) the first night, but it was booked on the second and third nights of our stay and we had to switch to two smaller, very basic guest rooms to accomadate our family of 4. We made the best of it and our experience was nevertheless very positive due to the very friendly owners/hosts, lovely grounds and pool at the Golden Frog, and the beautiful locale of El Valle. I posted a trip report in the Panama forum with a little more detail - all positive! I would definately return to the Golden Frog and recommend it to friends and family, and I would be sure to book in advance to reserve one of the nicer rooms with kitchens.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lake Oswego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I are repeat visitors to El Valle and the Golden Frog Inn, and I was excited to see the remodel I've heard they've done to their rooms during their recent 6-month closure. They're back open again and the newly remodeled rooms are wonderful.

I love the new kitchens in the rooms. They've got full-size new refrigerators, a comfortable eating area, high-end coffee makers and enough pots and pans and utensils to make elaborate meals!

They also serve a lovely happy hour on the deck where you can enjoy a knock-out view across El Valle from their strategic position on the hillside.

My favorite time of the day though is the early morning when I force myself out of bed, put on the coffee maker, and get in the terrace hammock so I can witness the riot of colorful birds and symphony of bird songs that rise up from the lush vegetation and trees on the Golden Frog's property. Right in the nearby tree next to the pool I saw a gorgeous toucan munching away on the tree's yellow flowers!

Another new addition since my last visit is the talented artist in residence who creates one-of-a-kind art pieces and displays them all around the property. He is a welcome addition to the Golden Frog, which I already rate as one of the most visually appealing hotels I've ever experienced.

Room Tip: I love the two rooms closest to the pool, room #1 or #2. They've got great terraces overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in September. We stayed at "The Golden Frog Inn" and it was the most amazing expierience. At the Inn we had outstanding service,very personable and makes you feel like you are at home without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The layout is private with a pool to cool off and happyhour to vistit with other guests. A very secluded getaway. I strongly encourage people experience such beauty. Breath taking veiws,farmers market, exotic animals in there own habitats, and lot's of rain forrest to explore. All of this can be expierenced as soon as you step out of your room from sunrise to sunset. We plan on a return trip hopefully asap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Tree Frog and couldn't have made a better choice. The room was huge, and overlooked la India dormida, which was beautiful in the morning. The layout was nice, and private, however we enjoyed cocktails with the other guests each night on the shared patio. We swam in the pool and took advantage of the hills behind the complex for morning hikes. Wonderful hosts with great suggestions and stories.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Beautiful property in El Valle. Close to everything. Several rooms to chose from. The views all around are wonderful. No breakfast, but you are provided with fresh fruit and coffee in your kitchen. We were given suggestions for dining. We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed more. The only complaint I had was there were bugs in the room, but I guess that would be a common occurrence in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Golden Frog Inn? Share your experiences!