My husband and I just returned from a 3-night stay at Park Eden 's La Casita room and really enjoyed it. Monica, Lionel, and Anita could not have been nicer. Park Eden is located in a very quiet, pretty part of town, a really nice place to walk around and enjoy birding. The breakfast was served outside in a lovely garden with very active bird feeders, and the food was filling and delicious. Monica arranged a $85 taxi ride to Panama City (2 hours) with Mr. Shepherd, a very nice man who speaks English very well. She also booked a very nice birding guide for us for 4 hours at pretty Cerro Gaital (a 40-minute trip up a very bumpy road to a cloud forest in a local taxi, $10 roundtrip). If you're interested in birding, I suggest you book a guide for this trip, although you will see birds on your own. Since we didn't have a rental car, we had to eat at Hotel Rincon Vallero for lunch and dinner (a 2-block walk, reasonable prices with pretty good food and a nice patio setting with a fish pond) since all other restaurants were at least a 30-minute walk away. By the way, don't be tempted to use the Internet at Rincon Vallero. It was horribly slow and dropped us. If you're trying to search e-mail or confirm airline reservations, you could easily make things worse for yourselves. You could book a taxi for other restaurants, but there are only 5 taxis in the town, and they're hard to book on the weekend. We wanted to try the food at La Casa de Lourdes, but only 1 taxi is willing to go up the very bad road, and it was broken down that night. It was quite a bit cooler in El Valle than in 95 degree Panama City, a welcome respite. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Romantic Getaway for those in quest of the best. Quiet, lovely country charm amidst its vast lush green gardens with centuries old trees, home to many species of birds. This family run B&B offers First Class lodgings, cozy, nicely decorated and well-equipped accommodations. A comfortable and beautiful 2 floor house for families and 2 lovely garden suites for families of 4, with kitchen facilities. Personalized attention granted by owners. Enjoy the unique and hearty PanAmerican Royal Breakfast. Nestled in the mountains, El Valle de Anton offers an Excellent Bird Watching Experience and year-round 70F to 78F temp. Bird Watching, excursions, hiking, ecological and canopy tours, horseback riding, hot springs and colorful Sunday Market. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Park Eden Bed And Beakfast
- Park Eden Bed & Beakfast Hotel El Valle De Anton
- Park Eden Bed & Beakfast Panama/El Valle De Anton