“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Mariposa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Casa Mariposa
You added Casa Mariposa to your Saves list
Hauptstrasse, El Valle de Anton, Panama   |
Montreal, Canada
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband, my 10 year old daughter and I have to agree with all the good reviews. Ursula, Harry and their 2 baby sloths are so welcoming, helpfull and charming. They speed French, english, spanish and other languages. The rooms are super clean and confortable. The gardens are beautiful. We started our trip with them and liked it so much we had to come back for our last night in Panama. The experience they offer with the sloths are priceless and fullfilled our dreams. We were able to hold them and take part of their morning routine... WOW! We unfotunately scratched our rental car and Harry (the owner) directed us to a garage and helped us bargain to fix our car! saved us a lot of money...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been traveling Central America for the past 5 months, stayed at many nice places, but when I arrived at Casa Mariposa I thought I was in heaven. I rented the full apartment for a full week, and I was pleased that I did. Ursula and Harry were so friendly, helpful and just delightful people. I was fortunate to be there while their daughter Carmen was visiting and she is a very nice young lady. They gave me advice on what attractions were in the area, how to get to them, and even took me with them for a local dance put on by the school children, which was wonderful. Harry took me for a bike ride up the mountain on their bicycle built for 2....thanks for doing most of the peddling Harry. The apartment itself is beautifully decorated, clean, spacious, fully equipped kitchen, quiet and has good wifi and TV. The property is beautiful, the roof top deck with hammocks is great for relaxing. But the best and most memorable part for me will be having the opportunity to see the young sloths up close and personable. These people are real animal lovers and I commend them for taking on such a big responsibility raising these orphaned sloths. I had a fabulous week in El Valle and I will always remember this lovely place. If you are looking for a great place, you will not be disappointed at Casa Mariposa.

Room Tip: I did not see the guest rooms but the full apartment was terrific. It shares the large courtyard wi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Trezzo sull'Adda, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

the house, with a nice garden where the rooms are, was very close to the centre of el valle, and the handcraft market, but since el valle is so little was enough outside to be quite and relaxing.. rooms are nice, big and clean, with hot shower (important since the climate is pleasantly chilly). the village is a great place to stop for a few days, you can rent a bike at the guest house and explore a little around. if you are a hiker and/or birdwatcher there is enough to do and see here. great place if you need a break to relax..

the owners are very nice people, and most important, the sloth living here is simply fantastic!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place. Ursula and Harry were just so welcoming. I have rented one of their rooms for 2 nights.

It is very easy to find the place, just a few minutes away from central El Valle on foot, very easy to walk to everything. This is a calm place to lay back, relax, lounge in the hammocks or read a book.

There is a lot of wind at the moment, so nights are a little 'noisy' but it's not a problem unless you are a very light sleeper. The rooms are clean and are a great price value.

The terrasse overlooks the site and the mountains and it's a great place to have a beer or lounge around.

I would definitely stay longer if there was availability, or come back and I definitely will recommend to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ursula and Harry are so welcoming and kind. My husband and I stayed at one of the smaller rooms, which was clean and spacious, as well as the bathroom. The house is very easy to find and is close to the various restaurants and shops, right next to the Gourmet Shop. The rooms are in the back of the house, overlooking a beautiful garden, that features benches, hammocks, rocking chairs... There is milk and coffee available in the mornings, and Ursula and Harry are very willing to offer recommendations and indications about places to go and activities. The highlight of our stay was meeting Sammy, the owners' pet lazy bear!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

i enjoyed my time in el valle staying at casa mariposa. the couple running the place are open, friendly and very helpful. i got a lot recommondations about the small town, hikingtours and where to go running. the room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Casa Mariposa? Share your experiences!