“Great Views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa MarBella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Casa MarBella
You added Casa MarBella to your Saves list
125 meters east and 25 meters north of Super Ronny's, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
nyc
“Great Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Nice boutique hotel with great views from the pool and the yoga deck. I would recommend staying in the suite if possible. The extra room, kitchen and balcony with a hammock makes it totally worth the extra $. The staff & owners are very helpful - although they're not always available. I had to check the front desk several times at one point to ask a question. The atmosphere is very laid-back but can also lead to some awkward moments. I was in the pool while the owner's baby was in the kiddie pool yelling "No!" at me everytime I moved. Amusing but awkward. All in all, a very pleasant stay. Don't miss the sunset from the yoga deck!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I work in the hotel industry (and travel often) so I am very critical of places I stay. We stayed at Casa MarBella in Mid April. It was the best vacation my wife and I have been on. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. I think it offered the best of both worlds as far as view of the ocean and proximity to the beach. Views were spectacular and the beach was about a five minute walk away. The staff was great, very friendly. They made great suggestions on activities and places to eat. They booked all the activities for us. The best part was one of the owners is a great surfer and offers lessons. Both my wife and I did the surf lessons which I highly recommend. Jim gets right out in the water with you giving you great tips, far and above some of the other instructors who I saw giving instruction from the beach. He has a passion for what he does and this really comes out when he is teaching you techniques. This hotel is very laidback and relaxing. I would recommend this to anyone and will be back to stay at their hotel in the future. One tip I would give is book directly with the hotel. It may seem like more work to have to call Costa Rica but it is worth speaking with the staff because they take care of everything for you. Thank you very much for a great vacation.

Kyle & Liz

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

As other reviewers have said, Jim and Stephanie take great pride in their hotel and do everything they can to help their guests with either recommendations for places to eat, activities to go do or anything else that a guest could ask or wonder about. They both contribute to the laidback atmosphere of the hotel, which was exactly what my wife and I were looking for on our recent vacation.

The hotel itself has very comfortable rooms that are not large, but definitely big enough to spread out your luggage and other things you bring. We had a room with a king sized bed and a little kitchenette that was very nice. We did not do any real cooking, but the kitchenette allowed us to buy some food and eat breakfast in our room, which was nice since it was about the same as a lot of other breakfasts you could buy nearby.

The staff that help Jim and Stephanie were also great. Amalie, who works the front desk, is also very helpful. She is very willing to share her thoughts about which local tours to ake and along with Jim or Stephanie will be very happy to book an outing for you.

A very nice aspect about the hotel is the availability of parking because it is necessary to rent a car if you are going to Santa Teresa and want to do any activity aside from going to the beach or staying in the immediate area of town near the hotel.

The last thing to make sure to do is take a surf lesson with Jim if you have never surfed before or would like some refreshers. He does an excellent job explaining how to get up on the board and then gives you a lot of time in the water to try out what he explained and had you practice.

chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

The owners Steph & Jim are on the property ,so if you have any questions or requests they can be taken care of on the spot. The hotels' description does not do it justice-- the place was all you could want in a small boutique hotel. I thought i would miss the simple things from home like television and cell phone but there was so much to do and explore that the time in the room was used to rest. The other guests at the hotel during our stay were just the coolest , nicest, and most helpful people you could want to meet. I would absolutely stay there again. Tthe pictures on the webb site don't do the hotel justice, especially in terms of the views.
There is a real cool family vibe about the place--you can partake of it as much (or as little) as you like. One morning we were one of three couples who went sport-fishing. Among us we caught about 20 fish. We gave most of it to the boat captain and took some back to the hotel. Jim was kind enough to grill it up for us--we had enough for a hotel cookout!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Simply amazing!!!

From the moment you arrive at Casa Marbella you are at total comfort and relaxation.

We arrived at Casa Marbella the first week of April for a ten-day getaway in Costa Rica; two couples extremely excited to have finally arrived in this beautiful country for the first time.

We had only booked three nights at Casa Marbella but once we realized that we had fallen upon a piece of paradise we quickly decided to extend our three nights to nine and what a great decision it was.

The property is perfectly designed, decorated and only steps away from the beach, restaurants, local shops and food markets.

The overall cleanliness of Casa Marbella was outstanding with many thanks to their incredible staff who were warm and welcoming.

Jim and Stephanie were awesome and recommended great restaurants and day trips taking care of all the details.

Cheers to you both and your wonderful staff for all the hard work and creating such a wonderful place for all to enjoy. We highly recommend Casa Marbella to all our friends and family and look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Bolton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We were really fortunate to find this spot--what a gem! The location was gorgeous, as well as a great spot functionally...it was just close enough to the town and the ocean. Jim and Stephanie were great with recommendations, and helped to arrange a charter fishing trip, ziplining, and a massage :). We had a great trip! The only things that I would advise to anyone travelling here--it is quite a journey to the hotel, but it's definitely do-able (and worth it!). There are bugs here...it's Costa Rica. Lastly--book your stay directly through the hotel's website. We didn't realize that we had not been dealing directly with them--when we booked, we were contacted by a person named Umberto, who is a travel agent that is not affiliated with the hotel. He requires that you pay 100% in advance and doesn't provide a refund if you need to make changes (even if it is more than 30 days in advance!), which is not the same as the hotel's policy. He also provided us with an incorrect ferry schedule. Do yourself a favor and use the link that is on tripadvisor to work directly with the hotel :)

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I recently stayed at Casa Marbella with two of my girlfriends over Spring Break. Jim and Stephanie were very accommodating, and they made us feel very safe and comfortable during our stay in Costa Rica. This was our first time out of the country, and Stephanie helped answer many questions we had about the exchange rate, and attractions that would should check out. I couldn't have dreamt up a better experience. I cried when I had to leave!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Casa MarBella? Share your experiences!