“I give Casa Marbella 5 Stars” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa MarBella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Casa MarBella
You added Casa MarBella to your Saves list
125 meters east and 25 meters north of Super Ronny's, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Atlanta
“I give Casa Marbella 5 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Casa Marbella, Santa Teresa / Mal Pais, Costa Rica – What an inspiring setting and extremely relaxing! Casa Marbella overlooks an incredible view across a canopy of trees to the surf below. It was the perfect location for our sculpture and photography classes and a romantic wedding proposal. I give Casa Marbella 5 stars. It is the perfect blend of nature, tranquility, gorgeous surroundings, and the owners (Jim, Stephanie and Nia) guided us to many restaurants, leisurely recreation activities and memorable adventures. We had great breakfasts and coffee at Brisas del Mar, the Bakery and Artemis Café and excellent dinners at Brisas del Mar, Las Pietras del Mar, Luz de Vida all within walking distance of Casa Marbella and the beach. The rooms are comfortable, the pool an oasis and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

This was my second stay at Casa Marbella. This time I was leading a photography workshop with five students. The beautiful hotel and great location would be worth the trip, but Stephanie and Jim really seal the deal. They bent over backwards to make our class a success.
The hotel is a short walk from great restaurants, supermarkets and the beach. I will definitely stay at Casa Marbella again, and I plan to teach another class there next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

This was my girlfriends second time staying at Casa Marbella and my first trip to Costa Rica.The hotel sits on a beautiful hill overlooking the Ocean. Stephanie and Jim built the place themselves and created an amazing open layout where every room overlooks the pool and beyond to the Pacific .They were always there to give great advice on places to eat, chill out and excursions to do. They recommended a fishing charter for us and on my girlfriends first deep sea fishing trip we managed to catch 9 yellow-fin tuna! Last but not least we had great surf lessons with Jim every morning. Safe to say we are definitely coming back and are planning a trip for the New Year.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel and this town! I have not been this relaxed in years. The weather is perfect, the food unbelievable and the accomodations were perfect.

I plan on going back often!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I came to Casa Marbella to teach a figurative sculpture workshop. Jim and Stephanie made everything possible. They bent over backwards to make everything a success.Santa Teresa is a gem of the world but casa marbella makes it shine. The hotel is so amazing words do not describe it. If you get the chance to come to santa teresa do not hesitate to stay with Jim, Stephanie, Nia, and Milo at Casa Marbella.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay with Casa MaBella! We were welcomed with precise directions emailed to us before we even left our home. At first I was not looking forward to not staying directly on the beach, but I am really glad my husband did the research. We actually chose to stay based on the comments of other travelers on this site. I am so glad for it too! We had the best views and the pool was such a special treat! Watching the sunset from the infinity pool was to die for. The beds were very comfortable and spacious! The AC's were great and they cooled the room within seconds! The customer service was extraordinary! Beyond anything we had ever experienced in the states! Nice young couple, Jim and Stephanie with their daughter Nia, own the hotel, always available and willing to help! Nice family atmosphere with lots of character around the premises. We never actually ate at the restaurant next door because we had a kitchen, but we heard the food was great! The town is growing compared to our last visit so it was nice to be tucked away on the side of the cliff away from the foot traffic, but close enough we could walk to all grocery or restaurants as we wished. Had the time of our lives and we really appreciate it! You should definitely stay there! It's truely a home away from home!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My husband and I spent one lovely night at Casa Marbella during our recent honeymoon. The owners, Jim & Stephanie, went way beyond the call of duty in catering to our every request, including Stephanie's videotaping me doing yoga on their awesome yoga deck, and then actually uploading the footage onto her own personal computer in order to make sure we had backup! Meanwhile, Jim, an expert surfing teacher, took my husband out on a surfing lesson. We felt very at home there. In addition, the restaurant just adjacent to the hotel, Brisas Del Mar, was some of the best food we have eaten, EVER, anywhere, period. The view from both the hotel's relaxing infinity pool (along with awesome outdoor shower) and from the deck of the restaurant is STUNNING. Incredible sunset. We slept great. We hope to return soon and hopefully to lead a yoga retreat there someday.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa MarBella? Share your experiences!