Casa Marbella is a small hotel that reminded us of a mediterranean or Spanish Mission. It's located on top of a high hill in the middle of a quaint surfing / fishing village and has a wonderful view. The owners, Jimmy & Stephanie, were wonderful hosts. All the rooms were nice, but since we were celebrating our honeymoon and it was available, we were lucky to be upgraded to a 3-bdrm, 2-story apartment on one end of the hotel. It was amazing, with high ceilings, stylish decor, large kitchen, and a huge balcony. Our hosts provided information on local activities, restaurants, and made our reservations as necessary. Other than surfboard rentals & lessons, a beautiful swimming pool and gorgeous view, there are no other amenities on the premises; but it wasn't necessary. Two massage therapists came to our room and gave us VERY affordable massages on our balcony (twice). Horseback riding up the mountain and down to the beach at sunset was arranged and the horses even picked us up from the hotel. We also experienced a surf lesson from Jimmy, a wonderful fishing adventure, and incredible ziplining to waterfalls. I wasn't expecting much in the way of cuisine, but everything we tried in Costa Rica tasted so fresh and healthy. Restaurants are not on property, but there is an incredible restaurant just a short walk up the hill and other diverse restaurants (no chains) all over town that are highly recommended. Everything you needed was within walking distance or within a very short "quad" drive. My recommendation to others is to make sure you have access to plenty of cash, brush up on your Spanish, and bring “Skin So Soft” for the occasional no-see-ums;otherwise have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa