My husband and I returned about a week ago from our amazing honeymoon in Costa Rica. We wanted to be away from the all-inclusives and big resorts in towns like Tamarindo and near Playa Flamingo. I actually found Casa Marbella through tripadvisor.com. I don't know how we could have had a better time! From the kindness of the owners to the practically private beaches each afternoon...it was the perfect location to really get away and relax. We would highly recommend the canopy tour in Montezuma, go to the 10am one because you get to have a break in the middle of zip-lining to jump in the waterfalls and swim for 30 min. We didn't know that this was going to happen so my husband and I just jumped in in our clothes, which worked perfectly fine as well! But if you can, wear your swimsuit under your clothes. We told Stephanie and Jim the night before we wanted to go zip-lining and they got it set up for us. They also set up a day trip to Isla Tortuga for us. It was through a tour company in Montezuma and was absolutely amazing! The trip was from 10am - 4pm and included the 45 min boat ride to the island (which was so pretty!), lunch cooked for you on the island, and free sodas, beer and bottled water the entire afternoon. All of this was $40/person and definitely worth it.
My husband and I would highly recommend renting a car while you're here. It's just so convenient to be able to go out exploring and to be able to go into near-by towns like Montezuma, Tambor and Mal Pais without having to deal with taxis and shuttles, etc. Just make sure you get a 4WD SUV. We had a Daitsu and it was perfect! One of our favorite days in Costa Rica was the day we just went driving around and visited Playas Manzanillo (a MUST-SEE!), Hermosa and Carmen. Hermosa had the best sand and swimming in our opinions, but it's a walk to get to Hermosa and Manzanillo without a car.
We could not have imagined a better location for our honeymoon. Casa MarBella was perfect, the patio was so relaxing at the end of the day, the rooms were clean and spacious, the AC was so quick to cool down the room when getting back in the evenings and Jim and Stephanie couldn't have been nicer. We can't wait to take some of our friends back with us someday to Santa Teresa and Casa MarBella!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa