We were over in Santa Teresa for just a short break but wish we'd stayed longer. This is the end of the road in Costa Rica and a perfect spot for down time and taking it easy. Mal Pais and Santa Teresa are essentially one long dusty beach trail combining fabulous surfing waves with cool innkeepers like Jim and Stephanie and good food. There is no place like it in Costa Rica and a great destination point for a trip.
Jim welcomed us and showed us around. Our "suite" had a couple of bedrooms, bathroom and equipped kitchen - you could easily spend a week of solid down time here with a lovely pool just next to the front door. Everything is hand built with care and attention to detail - just the kind of setup we liked. Spotless and spacious too and everything has a view. Now there are 2 special benefits to staying here off site . . . you are steps to a very nice restaurant and just down the hill is possibly (no actually) the best bakery in Costa Rica (and we have VERY few) with Belgian owners and an Israeli baker.
We do recommend this place and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Marbella is a boutique style hotel centrally located in Santa Teresa, across the street from the beach on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our guests can enjoy all that Santa Teresa/Mal Pais has to offer in comfort, style and security. It is a place where visitors can hear howler monkeys while watching the immense blue Pacific with a cool drink in his hand. After relaxing, it is just a short stroll to the beach, shopping, night life, restaurants, etc. We offer ocean view rooms, suites and condominiums with A/C, kitchen, in-room safe and more. Right in front of your door you will enjoy our refreshing pool with infinity edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa